Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Messing with Waste Gate Controls

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    So are the tables you posted up the ones your using to try and reach full e85? Im currently on 60%E also. I didnt mess with the FP or any of the injector windows yet. My WG tables look exactly the same as yours lol. I noticed a 24-25ish spike holds till 5000 on the dot then drops very quickly to about 21psi then slowly tapers to about 19psi. Occasionally though it will just take it and hold about 22psi till redline? Im not sure why but during the whole pull it feels alot stronger than normal. When it first did this The car cut throttle and fuel completely? just shut down then a split second later pulls again? I noticed it on the logger that AFR went to 1.00 timing stayed flat lined 24* cams followed thier normal pull... It lights the tires up hard though at 70mph when it does this. Not sure what caused it....
    I've had that happen in third when the Nanny takes control, it'll cut boost and if it's severe it'll close the throttle. Even ESC off.

I tested it over & over in the rain one night.

I'm still on 60% and prob will stay there for a while but I'm running 330* injector tables similar to what I *think* the TF layer was for E85, no way to know for sure though.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

hmm. SO how do you explain the 330 injector tables? i noticed you didnt make any change up top on them but quite a bit down low under high load? "high signal" Im trying to understand these so i can tinker a little bit and see whats possible. When you raise the high signal you are adjusting timing of the actual spray so how do you actually scale it? Is there a number for say intake valve opens at 220 and closes at 380? OR is it the other way around? 380open closes 220? basically what is our window? Sorry for all the questions lol
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I read some posts on another forum E85 thread that led me to believe 330* is close to our max window. I need more room in the high load midrange rpm so it was a logical guess for a starting point, no more, no less. When I was full E85, I was getting extreme Inj % duty (>50%) between 3700 & 5k with the stock tables and lots of inj window misfire last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I read some posts on another forum E85 thread that led me to believe 330* is close to our max window. I need more room in the high load midrange rpm so it was a logical guess for a starting point, no more, no less. When I was full E85, I was getting extreme Inj % duty (>50%) between 3700 & 5k with the stock tables and lots of inj window misfire last summer.
    Hmm so you havnt tried full E with these injector mods and upped fuel pressure? Makes sense, thats where I see right at 300% load on third gear pulls.

You said 15mpa is 2175psi on FP. Wasnt ZZp saying limit on that was about 2750?
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 03-26-2011 at 07:39 PM.

You can raise it if you want, I had more droop starting from 2400 psi on the layer. Never popped a P0087 with 2200 psi even on E85 heavy into inj window misfire. 2400 I did. YMMV.

Hmm so you havnt tried full E with these injector mods and upped fuel pressure? Makes sense, thats where I see right at 300% load on third gear pulls.

You said 15mpa is 2175psi on FP. Wasnt ZZp saying limit on that was about 2750?
    Yes I ran full E85 on the TF/HPT layer testing and failed. Inj window misfire and slower times.

I'm happy with the 60% results so far. Been on it all last winter.

Advanced Tuner
    Idk bout u guys but in missouri we don't have full e85 til june iic, a local posted a chart of the e85 mixes for the year. Right now its e70 and will be e78 soon.

Here's some caps of the Inj angles & fueling I'm playing with, pulls strong, just the boost is tapering off again.

FYI on the fueling, 15 MPa is 2175 psi, I'm currently on E60 BTW.

did you change under fuel pressure normal to fuel mass or is that what it was stock and the pressure fixed is different. this is from my '09 stock gmpp tune
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Yes I changed it to fuel mass. If I change the injector constant for E blends it will compensate for it (if I understand correctly). I could be mistaken. Didn't seem to hurt it.

I raised the pressure fixed for insurance if this table ever gets involked. Just guessing at a lot of this right now covering possibilities.

Advanced Tuner
    360* BTDC is the max injection start point but 339* is the most I have tried so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    360* BTDC is the max injection start point but 339* is the most I have tried so far.
    So your just basically advancing the injection in your high load areas or where you running low on fuel.

Advanced Tuner
    So your just basically advancing the injection in your high load areas or where you running low on fuel.
    High load areas then smoothing it in to the rest of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    High load areas then smoothing it in to the rest of the table.
    I wounder if we advanced the intake cam a few degrees in those high load areas if it would expand our injection window? Or if doing so would kill power in those areas .... just a thought..

I don't think those numbers are real amounts of degrees since it can be advanced to 431*

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    I don't think those numbers are real amounts of degrees since it can be advanced to 431*
    At 431* would mean that you're spraying when the exhaust valve is half open... anti-lag anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    They are supposed to be degress before top dead center.