Thread: Purchasing a PCM (L67 Swap)

Potential Tuner

Purchasing a PCM (L67 Swap)

I'm finishing up an engine swap of an 3800SC L67 into a Fiero. I rebuilt the engine using N/A internals, so it's essentially a top swapped engine.

My wiring is nearly done, so I've gotten to the point where I need to buy my PCM (as well as HP Tuners). When I buy the PCM, do I need to get a particular make / model / year? Or would any L67 equipped vehicle's PCM work?

The engine originally came out of a Buick Park Ave Ultra, for what it's worth.

Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    I dont know your answer for sure but I had bought a 3800sc with harness and pcm from a guy that aborted an l67 fiero project and the pcm was 98 gtp. I also do some tuning on a l67 rock crawler using a zzp sandrail tune until I started tuning it and when I check calibration details it specifies 1998 pontiac grand prix v6...

I part out a few w bodies on the side , approx 12 of my current vehicles are w bodies and most are parts cars , $45 shipped for a pcm from a grand prix gt , se, or gtp or FROM a regal LS or Gs , most are between 98-02 cars. If you find certain years are preferred I can offer you specific pcm's
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    Hey buddy. I've read your posts over at turbobuick.com, small world. I'm Shane on there (Not SGRIM).

$45 shipped sounds like a good deal. It's the going rate for PCMs at the yard in my neck of the woods, but from what I understand it is a grab bag as to what you'll get at the yard.

I suppose the only thing that I would specify is that it be from a 98+ L67. My wiring is originally from a 98 GTP and I've read that there is a difference in 97 and 98+ wiring. On top of that it would put my mind at ease to have an SC PCM instead of a NA even if it's not entirely necessary. Do you think you could supply me with a VIN as well?

Please PM me payment details here if it supports it, or over on TB.com.

Advanced Tuner
    let me dig around in the snow a bit to find you an sc pcm 98 or newer

I have a couple 97gtp's but thats the other pcm you dont want and an 02 gs that the pcm left with the harness and top swap , got a couple 98 gs's but not sure if I sold pcm's out of them yet or not... everything else thats a parts car right now is NA not SC
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    ok got a 98 GS pcm still in the car so vin is not a problem I can get you that , pm me if you want it and I will remove it before the 2 storms with 20-26 more inches of snow we have coming in the next 48 hours

Potential Tuner
    PM Sent