Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a 97 Lumina PCM bin file, please

Need a 97 Lumina PCM bin file, please

Not a HPT file, a true .bin file.

I need it badly, lol. I have looked everywhere, can't find it. I don't have the hardware to extract a bin file.

I need this to allow a 2bar map among other tables.

Could the staff at HPT convert my HPT file back to BIN. I know the HPT is encrypted so HPT is the only ones who can.

If any one can help, please do. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I have seen posts on 3800 forums about converting the bins yourself , are you a member on force over mass (www.regalgsx.org) there is a tiny tuner section there
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    I have seen posts on 3800 forums about converting the bins yourself , are you a member on force over mass (www.regalgsx.org) there is a tiny tuner section there
    I converted the bin last night, figured out how, VIN and OS ID. But now there is an error reading the DTC's in HPT. Any error like that and I refuse to flash the file to my PCM. Seems like that is just asking to brick the PCM, lol.

I tried various 1997 PCM's that run 3100/3400 engines. All have errors in their own ways. Some are unsupported in TT, DTC error, ect.

I believe the only fail safe method would be to acquire a 97 Lumina PCM Definition File in .bin format or find out how to pull the bin from my PCM external to HPT.

Until then, my tuning is on hold...bummed.

A while ago I remember finding a webpage where one could download the latest PCM definition files for GM vehicles. This being Chevrolet, is there such a web page or service from Chevrolet?

MODERATORS: Would it be possible for HPT Staff to decrypt a (full pcm read) HPT file back to the pcm BIN file? It shouldn't expose any HPT code as it is just a bin file.
    Last edited by TGP-37; 11-15-2010 at 09:39 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It exposes ALL of the code as a binary hence the reason we encrypt them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It exposes ALL of the code as a binary hence the reason we encrypt them.
    Oh, my apologies. I am not a professional software designer/programmer.

Could we work out a deal to add the tables [MAP Sensor Offset], [MAP Scaling Factor], [Use Larger Table Steps] & [Transient Airmass Calc Mode] for a 97v6 PCM? 97 Lumina w/ 3100v6 L82 4t60e to be specific.

If anything, the first two MAP tables are the important ones for a 2-bar.

HPT can charge a few credits of mine if it would help. Or maybe include in the next BETA or Final release upgrade?

Heck, how about I buy you a 6-pack of whatever you like...lol

Thanks for replying. Hopefully we can make something happen.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TGP-37 View Post
    Oh, my apologies. I am not a professional software designer/programmer.

Could we work out a deal to add the tables [MAP Sensor Offset], [MAP Scaling Factor], [Use Larger Table Steps] & [Transient Airmass Calc Mode] for a 97v6 PCM? 97 Lumina w/ 3100v6 L82 4t60e to be specific.

HPT can charge a few credits of mine if it would help. Or maybe include in the next BETA or Final release upgrade?

Heck, how about I buy you a 6-pack of whatever you like...lol

Thanks for replying. Hopefully we can make something happen.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=11

Tuner in Training
    .bin for a 97 lumina attached
    Last edited by GMV6Power; 11-16-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMV6Power View Post
    .bin for a 98 lumina attached
    Hmmm...I'm assuming a 98 bin will work in a 97 PCM since you posted up?

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what I get here.

Tuner in Training
    Hmmm...I'm assuming a 98 bin will work in a 97 PCM since you posted up?

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what I get here.
    My bad, the file is a 97 .bin OSID: 9355440
    I was in a hurry when I posted that on my lunch hour.

Sadly, it doesn't look like it will open with .hpt, but it will open in Tiny Tuner.

I am glad I still have my Powr Tuner hardware.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMV6Power View Post
    My bad, the file is a 97 .bin OSID: 9355440
    I was in a hurry when I posted that on my lunch hour.

Sadly, it doesn't look like it will open with .hpt, but it will open in Tiny Tuner.

I am glad I still have my Powr Tuner hardware.
    Its an operating system nobody has ever sent to support...can you still send in files to powertuner to add? oh thats right they are out of business

In any event I sent it to our gm engineer for mapping a few hours before your previous post so we can map it out.

-Bill

Tuner in Training
    Bill, I'm having the same exact issue trying to adjust MAP calibration settings for a 2bar map with a 99 Monte Carlo PCM. If I sent you guys the information you requested (the .hpt tune and the serial), how long would it take your engineers to make those tables available?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Bill, I'm having the same exact issue trying to adjust MAP calibration settings for a 2bar map with a 99 Monte Carlo PCM. If I sent you guys the information you requested (the .hpt tune and the serial), how long would it take your engineers to make those tables available?
    I cannot give an eta for this but shoot me the info and I'll see what I can do.

Tuner in Training
    Its an operating system nobody has ever sent to support...can you still send in files to powertuner to add? oh thats right they are out of business
    -Bill
    Bill, I appreciate your willingness to help with the V6 market as I know HPT has a lot on it's plate.... "when is 2.24 going to be done", ect. I will be the first to say that HPT is a great product and is a very stable product. I honestly love HPT's scanner and wouldn't hate to go back to using the finicky DHP scanner.

As you said there are certain things that just aren't going to make it into .hpt as it would not be cost prohibitive. This is what I was referring to when I said that I was glad that I still had the Powr Tuner. It has proven to be a useful tool that mainly sits in the toolbox until certian things pop up, which is why I am glad I have both tuning packages.

With that said, keep up the good work and thanks in advance for what you can do with adding the MAP sensor tables for the V6's.

Tuner in Training
    I've e-mailed support with my .hpt file and my serial number. I sincerely hope that they can do something within a short timeframe. They'd surely be gaining another customer if they did as I have a close friend who is very interested in tuning his vehicle and he also needs these tables to be available.

I cannot give an eta for this but shoot me the info and I'll see what I can do.
    Do I need to send in my HPT file and serial number? Or will the above link for the 97 Lumina bin be fine?

Should you need my serial, I just emailed it incase.

This is one of many reasons why I love HPT. This kind of technical support just doesn't seem to exist on other hardware providers. And after messing with Tiny Tuners, one can definately appreciate the difference what a paided engineer will design versus a free program. TT's is terrible at copy/paste and has no interpolating, smoothing, ect. But it has it's place for those tables not included.

HPT #1 in my book.

Thanks Bill!

BTW - When will 2.24 be ready?.............................lmfao.....j/k

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    I've e-mailed support with my .hpt file and my serial number. I sincerely hope that they can do something within a short timeframe. They'd surely be gaining another customer if they did as I have a close friend who is very interested in tuning his vehicle and he also needs these tables to be available.
    I didn't receive anything, please resend.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Do I need to send in my HPT file and serial number? Or will the above link for the 97 Lumina bin be fine?
    Be fine for what exactly?

Tuner in Training
    I didn't receive anything, please resend.
    I have re-sent the email to [email protected] and [email protected]. Please let me know if you still did not receive it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    got it

Be fine for what exactly?

97_Lumina

Either add the tables to the Lumina bin in a HPT linked above or map the bin OS so HPT can open, read/flash the Lumina's 97 bin? This is what I was asking, if the linked file above was fine....please.
    Last edited by TGP-37; 11-17-2010 at 12:36 PM.