Thread: Think I'm going to like these new SS's

Tuner in Training

Think I'm going to like these new SS's

I did a 2010 Camaro a few weeks back and I was quite surprised with the results. The car is a 6 speed with 21,000kms on it and bone stock. I first did 3 base pulls with it and took the best out of the three which was 351rwhp and 340rwtq corrected. I then installed a K&N cold air intake and re-dyno'ed it and and again took the best out of the three. It made 366rwhp and 361rwtq but picked up quite a bit of knock as you can see from the middle graph below. I then spent an hour leaning it out a bit and adjusting the timing and came out with a best run of 379rwhp and 383rwtq corrected. These numbers were all gotten on a dynojet with no load control so the final numbers are a little inflated but the improvement over stock is the important part. Check out the graph below...

I must say I was very surprised with the gains this car made with just an intake and a tune. What other experiences have people had with these cars? We plan on putting the new 2.9L wipple supercharger kit on it this winter so I'm pretty excited to see what it will do with that. I do know that you can make some pretty big numbers with it, I have a friend in Florida who tuned one with the edelbrock supercharger kit and a cam and turned out 601rwhp
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

We did a tune on a 2010 Camaro LS3 with a 2.9 whipple and it didn't gain anything near what a TVS 2300 did on a previous Camaro LS3. But I think the cam that the guy put in it wasn't correct for the setup.

5.5psi and 560hp isn't bad!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

That 351 is pretty low for a bone stock baseline. The numbers with the intake look pretty on par though. LS3s are pretty damn stout. It's unfortunate that the L99s kind of trail slightly.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    l99s make a tad more bottom end, not that you need it with a maggie.
    once some good VVT cams come out.......