Thread: Max Boost Limited

Max Boost Limited

I'm trying to do a stage-2 tune on a friends 2006 Cobalt, but I am unable to disable the boost limiter by setting it to 200% as GM does. HP Tuners software says the max setting is 100% yet the stock tune has it set 200% up to 6000 RPM after which it is limited. If I try to change it to 200 it reverts to 100.
    Anyone know how to override this limit or how to change it?

Tuner in Training
    Are you just trying to set it to that in the 1st and 2nd gear table? Because the max boost limit should be under torque management > supercharger > desired map and desired map s/s I believe. Someone correct me if Im wrong

I contacted HP Tuners and they say that 100% is the same as disabled, even though GM set it to 200% on a Stage2 tune. From what I understand a stock SS SC is boost limited to 13PSI so 100% is 13PSI. I guess we'll have to try it and see.

Tuner in Training
    You will find a lot of tables are set beyond the allowable setting in HPT. Those are stock/factory tunes.

Tuner in Training
    100% works fine. If you start to push boost past 13 or so the Desired Torque numbers will start to limit boost slightly; set those table values to their maximums to make sure they do not interfere. Had this happen once; boost solenoid was limiting to 90% at top RPMs and we could not figure out why. Even though the torque numbers in the tables are way past reality, the calculated torque that the computer ends up with is apparently way past reality also.