Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1995 Camaro with 06 LS7 swap Code P0606

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Ok for knowing about the Throttle Body I second that, for the twin turbo vette, that sounds like an issue purely by your TAC module and values need to be reset, I don't know for sure though. What is "Spirited" driving anyways?? Spirited Driving to me is doing 190+MPH runs on the Portales Highway in my G8.
    Spirited driving for me is full throttle runs through the gears that causes the throttle plates to open and close quickly. This is what puts me into limp mode.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so today I decided to unplug the cluster and go for a drive, nope no change. I have not been able to pin in the oil pressure sensor yet as I am waiting for one to come in from GM. I did decide to do a full write on it today to make sure that the vin and os info was updated. And now the car won't start. Nothing went wrong with the write, no errors but now the car won't start. I turn the key forward and nothing, not even a pump prime. If I let it sit for a few min I will get a pump prime but still no starter then roll the key back and forward and no pump prime again. Anyone got a used pcm for an 06 Z06?

The company that did the harness and computer was Howell engine developments. But at this point I am using a factory computer with their engine harness.

Here is a copy of the file, let me know if anything looks out of wack

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by raven3800t View Post
    Ok so today I decided to unplug the cluster and go for a drive, nope no change. I have not been able to pin in the oil pressure sensor yet as I am waiting for one to come in from GM. I did decide to do a full write on it today to make sure that the vin and os info was updated. And now the car won't start. Nothing went wrong with the write, no errors but now the car won't start. I turn the key forward and nothing, not even a pump prime. If I let it sit for a few min I will get a pump prime but still no starter then roll the key back and forward and no pump prime again. Anyone got a used pcm for an 06 Z06?

The company that did the harness and computer was Howell engine developments. But at this point I am using a factory computer with their engine harness.

Howell. IIRC they may make the GMPP items.

Doing a full flash doesnt do anything if the VATS is already done.

If it is not starting then unlikely it is the ECM as the ECM generally has no control of cranking on a conversion. But your harness may have an ECM interlock relay that it uses to power its second half which may be used to inhibit the starter. Depends on what the harness design is.

Pump will only prime again after a delay. e.g. it doesnt do it every key on.

What is the service number on the ECM?

Advanced Tuner

Can you do a HPT VCM info log? the "i" button on the toolbar while the ECM is powered up? And then post the lower half of the text the window provides?

Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Spirited driving for me is full throttle runs through the gears that causes the throttle plates to open and close quickly. This is what puts me into limp mode.
    Yep sounds like values aren't matching in the TAC.... Probably in the 50ish % range, since the throttle body isn't quite as fast as your foot from 0-100% throttle. :P LSX? What do you say?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

No starts? Man go over all the grounds to the block! That could be a major issue!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Howell. IIRC they may make the GMPP items.

Doing a full flash doesnt do anything if the VATS is already done.

If it is not starting then unlikely it is the ECM as the ECM generally has no control of cranking on a conversion. But your harness may have an ECM interlock relay that it uses to power its second half which may be used to inhibit the starter. Depends on what the harness design is.

Pump will only prime again after a delay. e.g. it doesnt do it every key on.

What is the service number on the ECM?
    That would make sense as everything was bought through the dealership to my understanding (engine, computer and harness).

There is no service number on the new ecu, all it says is remanufactured for acdelco, the part number and the id number which matches what is in the info log for vcm id.

Here is a copy of the vcm info log...

Type: Chevy Corvette (V8) 2006
    VIN: 1G1YY26E965100435
    VCM ID: 86YMKUK0510802C6
    BCC:
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 12602922 [Editor]
    ECM Seg 2 ID: 12602951
    ECM Seg 3 ID: 12602946
    ECM Seg 4 ID: 12602955
    ECM Seg 5 ID: 12602943
    ECM Seg 6 ID: 12605813
    ECM Seg 7 ID: 12612282
    ECM Seg 8 ID: 12614378
    ECM Seed: 1668

I also looked up the TIF info for this VIN# and the top os (12602922) does match but the rest of the segments don't...not sure if that means anything or not?

I have a few small jobs this morning and then I am going to spend the rest of the day going over this thing, I just want it done and gone and I'm sure the customer does too. The strange thing is that this problem didn't happen on the dyno when I was tuning it, the thing put down good numbers without any issues. Take it out on the street though and that goes out the window.

Advanced Tuner
    That would make sense as everything was bought through the dealership to my understanding (engine, computer and harness).

There is no service number on the new ecu, all it says is remanufactured for acdelco, the part number and the id number which matches what is in the info log for vcm id.

Here is a copy of the vcm info log...

Type: Chevy Corvette (V8) 2006
    VIN: 1G1YY26E965100435
    VCM ID: 86YMKUK0510802C6
    BCC:
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 12602922 [Editor]
    ECM Seg 2 ID: 12602951
    ECM Seg 3 ID: 12602946
    ECM Seg 4 ID: 12602955
    ECM Seg 5 ID: 12602943
    ECM Seg 6 ID: 12605813
    ECM Seg 7 ID: 12612282
    ECM Seg 8 ID: 12614378
    ECM Seed: 1668

I also looked up the TIF info for this VIN# and the top os (12602922) does match but the rest of the segments don't...not sure if that means anything or not?

I have a few small jobs this morning and then I am going to spend the rest of the day going over this thing, I just want it done and gone and I'm sure the customer does too. The strange thing is that this problem didn't happen on the dyno when I was tuning it, the thing put down good numbers without any issues. Take it out on the street though and that goes out the window.
    Ok cool. The ECM is most likely not loaded with compatible throttle controller segments. (7 & 8).

You need a new GM base flash done.

Ok cool. The ECM is most likely not loaded with compatible throttle controller segments. (7 & 8).

+1

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Did you order a PCM for a 2008, and flash a 2006 file? I believe HP Tuners has stated that this isn't the greatest of ideas because of possible mismatches in hardware and software compatibility.

What did the throttle body and accel pedal for the car come from?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Did you order a PCM for a 2008, and flash a 2006 file? I believe HP Tuners has stated that this isn't the greatest of ideas because of possible mismatches in hardware and software compatibility.

What did the throttle body and accel pedal for the car come from?
    The other way around actually. I ordered the PCM for an 06 and had a customer who owns an 08 take it in and have the stock file for his car flashed onto it. (They need the whole car here for some reason) He didn't start his car on this computer but removed it and reinstalled his own and sent the 06 pcm with the 08 file loaded onto it to me. I then flashed in an 06 file that I had disabled the VATS on and the car fired right up and ran fine. The next day when I went to read the file out of the car and start tuning it came back with the vin/os mismatch error. I changed the vin and that ended that problem.

The throttle body came with the engine so as far as I know it's an 06, now the pedal I am not too sure of. The original pcm from howell engine had an 06 vin # on it so I am assuming that the pedal is from an 06 as well. The car did run on the Howell computer just not very well, to my knowledge though it didn't have any issues with going into limp mode.
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

All I know is that from 06 to 08 there were more changes than expected on the ZO6's. Since the engine is 06, I'd (just being me and what I know) want an 06 ECM with 06 files. If I remember correctly with 06-07 Z06's GM went to a different kind of shifter, and did many different tweaks to the ECM, categorized on their bulletin board as Fuel Economy Enhancements. I really agree with LSX on needing a brand new flash on an 06 Vette ECM. I'm willing to bet that that would cure all of your engine troubles.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Ok so the car runs again. Yesterday I told you guys that I unplugged the cluster and went for a drive and the problem still happened. Well I unplugged the cluster with the car running, (it was cold here yesterday and I refuse to turn the heat on in the shop till Nov 1st :P) went for a drive and the problem was still there. I didn't plug it back in after I shut the car down nor thought to plug it back when the car was not starting. Anyway today I plugged the cluster back in and sure enough the car fired up just like normal. Now looking further into the wiring in the dash there are t-taps everywhere Going to further investigate now.... Always hate getting into someone else's work.
    1998 Cavalier Z24 - Fully built 3800 V6 running a Precision PT67 billet ball bearing turbo. 601WHP and 511WTQ @ 18psi on 91 octane pump fuel

Raven Autosports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    All I know is that from 06 to 08 there were more changes than expected on the ZO6's. Since the engine is 06, I'd (just being me and what I know) want an 06 ECM with 06 files. If I remember correctly with 06-07 Z06's GM went to a different kind of shifter, and did many different tweaks to the ECM, categorized on their bulletin board as Fuel Economy Enhancements. I really agree with LSX on needing a brand new flash on an 06 Vette ECM. I'm willing to bet that that would cure all of your engine troubles.
    Yeah I am thinking the same thing at this point, especially after I checked the TIF info and found some of the OS's missing or not matching for the vin that I am using. I just don't know if the dealer can flash this car the way it is as I was always under the impression that the tech2 will look for both the PCM and the BCM to start it's programing, if this is the case then I am out of luck as this car is a swap car with no BCM at all. I'm going to call down to GM and see if they can do it or not, might have to pay them and try and see what happens.

Raven Autosports

Wow.... Hopefully all goes well! I wish you luck! Sorry I haven't been the greatest of help.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Took the car in and had GM flash it back to a stock 06 file. The tech 2 was also able to see the original vin in the pcm even though I had changed it to an 06. Anyway, I pulled that file out made some changes and now the car works great, no more limp mode. Customer is coming to pick it up on Monday, thanks for the help guys.

Raven Autosports

Advanced Tuner
    Took the car in and had GM flash it back to a stock 06 file. The tech 2 was also able to see the original vin in the pcm even though I had changed it to an 06. Anyway, I pulled that file out made some changes and now the car works great, no more limp mode. Customer is coming to pick it up on Monday, thanks for the help guys.
    All done!

You're welcome That's what the forum is for

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training

Since this seemed to get resolved and I am approaching a similar conclusion for myself - I thought I'd try reviving this thread in the hopes that the same knowledgeable folks will chime-in.

My situation is similar in that I have a built LS7 & T56 in an early Camaro. The car is tuned and runs fantastic with no codes but I am trying to get a more responsive throttle. I've had a couple well respected tuners check it out and no luck to date. I'm wondering (for other reasons) if my ECU is really what it should be to start with.

I'm using an E38 ECU (supposedly from an 08 Z06 manual Vette but I cannot verify) and a standalone harness from SpearTech. My TB is a ported silver-blade 90mm of unknown origin (again - supposedly from an LS7 but beyond that I know nothing).

How do I check into my VIN to see what OS/Segments should be in there?

Thanks guys,
    G.