Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro FPCM

E85LSX, thank you for the update. In an earlier post you said Lingenfelter was putting their supplied BAP before the FPCM with their supercharger kits. Its amazing that they are able to supply enough fuel to a blown engine (albeit stock) while your E85 set up needs so much more. Sounds like wiring the BAP in before the FPCM only gives you a tiny bit more fuel. To make 550+HP with this new Camaro (NA or not) might be a huge problem without coming up with an exotic fuel delivery system. People are no doubt learning a great deal from your and everyone's work on this thread. I know I am. I'll keep checking your progress.
    2010 Camaro 1SS m6
    GMC 2500HD 6.0L m5

Here is the latest update. . . I'm am finally done testing/messing with this BAP.

Wired after the FPCM the BAP worked great. . . until it started constantly blowing the inline fuse. This method does not work.

Wired before the FPCM the BAP does work. . . but it doesn't help much at all. The two attached scans show what I am talking about. With the BAP set to full rich position (17.5volts) my pressure fell to 45psi. With the BAP on the leanest setting (14volts, basically off) my pressure fell to 35psi.

The bottom line is the BAP works like sh*t on this car, I am now looking into a dual pump setup.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010LS3 View Post
    Hello guys, I've been reading this thread for a while and I have a question for E85 LSX. I'm assuming this Camaro is modded quite a bit? What big changes have you made? If this car is still relatively stock and cant keep up with fueling it's own motor I'm getting nervous. I have a 2010 SS and I planned on doing a 219/234 @50 thou and 600 lift Comp cam. If this machine in question is still close to stock, I'm going to have to rethink my whole setup plans. It's been a couple of weeks, has anyone here come up with any FPCM answeres? Dying to know.
    I have made 568 rwhp on my 427 2010 camaro with stock injectors at 13.1 a/f.

I have made over 600 on a s/c cammed 2010 Camaro using a boost a pump with ls9 injectors at close to 100 percent duty at 11.8 a/f

You got plenty of fuel.

i just finished an A6 car, headers/full exhaust, procharger at 10 psi, with 60# injectors-and a BAP inline after the FPCM (like E85's attempt) and it's currently "working" (outputs 15 volts when on, with no affect at part throttle) but shows only 52# fuel pressure at over 5800rpm, inj. duty cycle is about 92%. car is making 470-ish rwhp on a mustang dyno. the scary part is the current flow-this thing almost doubles when the BAP turns on. i kno it won't last. i'm curious how the dual pump setups are working, and how are we controlling them? seems Dyno Dan may be using one FPCM to control two pumps? what kind of current flow are we seeing in that setup?

Potential Tuner
    Gentlemen,

I'm considering retro-fitting this module into an early Camaro. If someone has a module on the bench can you please list the extended and compressed height of the module when measured from the base to the sealing flange?

Thanks a bunch. I'm learning a lot about the latest in fuel delivery systems from you guys.

Carl
    http://geocities.com/casanoc

i'll have one on the bench monday. will post dimensions, as well as results (tuesday or wednesday) if things work well.... i'm hoping to maintain at least 52 psi at peak boost/rpm......

Potential Tuner
    Thanks tommy! If it appears that by trimming the spring guide pins the overall installed height could be reduced, I'd appreciate your opinion on that too. No worries, I'm not holding you to anything.

I likely won't be able to use the pump due to not using a pump controller. Hopefully a standard 255lph will fit in place of the stock pump.

Potential Tuner

2010 Camaro LS3 w/ TVS 2300

I’m currently at ~ 550rwhp with a stock fuel system using #60 injectors. Plan to upgrade the cam and do some head work then I’m done with it. After reading a number of posts about the KB BAP and direct discussion with KB to hold on install of 2010 Camaro/BAP combo, should I wait for the BAP install issue to be resolved or upgrade to an in-tank system such as the Fastlane solution which is pricey and an overkill for a motor that will never be north of 650?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by E85 LSX View Post
    Here is the latest update. . . I'm am finally done testing/messing with this BAP.

Wired after the FPCM the BAP worked great. . . until it started constantly blowing the inline fuse. This method does not work.

Wired before the FPCM the BAP does work. . . but it doesn't help much at all. The two attached scans show what I am talking about. With the BAP set to full rich position (17.5volts) my pressure fell to 45psi. With the BAP on the leanest setting (14volts, basically off) my pressure fell to 35psi.

The bottom line is the BAP works like sh*t on this car, I am now looking into a dual pump setup.
    Curious, any new updates to what you did?

Anyway, just to update everyone, both Kenne Bell and Whipple install the BAPs on their kits AFTER the FPCM, and they don't have any issues. As a matter of fact, I dyno tuned a 2010 Camaro SS A6 last week with a KB at 12 psi (it has the BAP, and KB includes rails and Siemens 60# injectors). Only issue we had was the factory valvesprings in the L99 floated at approx. 5.6k, LOL!

I'll see if I can't get the KB instructions from my customer this weekend, and post them up so everyone can see how they install the BAP.

Thanks!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    for all the work it is to get to the fuel pump we just started installing Twin intank pump kits in our shop. we have pushed them to over 800 hp so far

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Curious, any new updates to what you did?

Anyway, just to update everyone, both Kenne Bell and Whipple install the BAPs on their kits AFTER the FPCM, and they don't have any issues. As a matter of fact, I dyno tuned a 2010 Camaro SS A6 last week with a KB at 12 psi (it has the BAP, and KB includes rails and Siemens 60# injectors). Only issue we had was the factory valvesprings in the L99 floated at approx. 5.6k, LOL!

I'll see if I can't get the KB instructions from my customer this weekend, and post them up so everyone can see how they install the BAP.

Thanks!

Thats the way we wire them and have no issues at all. We have installed over 20 bap's on 2010 camaros.

Now I did say that they work but no where near as good they do on non FPCM cars.

RWTD what up!
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

RWTD,

are you able to confirm how it works after the fpcm? The only way I can see is if it is actually mimicking the output of the controller (128hz PW DC) but instead of being limited to 12vp/p squarewave it bumps up the output voltage of the DC. I suppose this would mean that there are new KB Baps that are designed for fast switching ? When I called KB a couple years ago they said their unit was not compatible with a similar input signal.

Guys there are solutions out there.

2010 BAP Comes with the wiring diagram.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C75

Or Dual CTS-V pumps

G-FORCE Motorsports

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]

The CTS-V assembly works pretty well, you just have to manipulate it a bit. A local guy is running one in his Procharged 2010, and it holds pressure great.

I know there's concern about the FPCM driving a dual pump setup, though... but some people switch to the CTS-V FPCM I believe.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    The CTS-V assembly works pretty well, you just have to manipulate it a bit. A local guy is running one in his Procharged 2010, and it holds pressure great.

I know there's concern about the FPCM driving a dual pump setup, though... but some people switch to the CTS-V FPCM I believe.

LPE kit comes with reprogramed fpcm.
    G-FORCE Motorsports

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@G-Force View Post
    Guys there are solutions out there.

2010 BAP Comes with the wiring diagram.

Or Dual CTS-V pumps

Excellent stuff, brother! Your info/links are going to save a LOT of folks headaches. I've been out of the loop a bit while I've been exploring and hiking the mountains out west. Hope you are doing great!

Too bad Procharger's stupid calibration team (if you can call it that) doesn't get with the program and start offering BAPs or similar kits as above in the 2010+ Camaros. Instead they just want the owner to push their stock fuel system, ultimately potentially leading to the death of their engine.

Case in point, on the '99-'04 Mustangs, Procharger includes a Ford Focus pump in their kits (the '05+ GT has this pump from the factory, and the '07+ GT500 has two of them and two driver modules), but this pump will only support about 350 rwhp Actual/Uncorrected in those '99-'04 GTs (possibly *slightly* more in the '02-'04 GT, as they have bigger fuel rails, which KB is awesome to include in their kits for the '99-'01 cars). Well, with proper tuning, Procharger's kits can make 375 to even 400 rwhp Actual on the GTs. So now the owner has to deal with a steady drop of FRP (fuel rail pressure), unless he mans up and gets a BAP (only $249 direct through KB).
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-08-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Lingenfelter was not easy to work with in regards to the twin pump setup or BAP. They sent us the wrong BAP, blamed the customer for his reception of the wrong unit (THEY picked the parts for him), had no instructions (nor any written) and were just plain short about it and didn't care when I called for help. The same for their twin pump kit (no manual and no one there had any idea about them) as well. Finally they flat told us that ADM makes the setup, and they have an online manual. We still had questions regarding the BAP as well as the pump kit and they would refer us to ADM who would say "sorry, ask Lingenfelter". I keep after Lingenfelter for a working method by which to install the BAP and finally the phone guy says"you're building the car, do whatever you want with it, we can't help you".

RPM in Garner made just over 750rwhp with a single STOCK pump and a BAP on a car with NO meth.

The twin pumps cost a LOT of time to install.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Fastlane makes a direct-fit engineered solution using two 255lph walbros in a factory style bucket. Works great to ~900hp
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@G-Force View Post
    LPE kit comes with reprogramed fpcm.
    The programming isn't the issue so much as the capability to handle the current of two pumps.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    The programming isn't the issue so much as the capability to handle the current of two pumps.
    He didn't say it came with the SAME FPCM though (it doesn't).
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com