Thread: Wideband through EGR

Potential Tuner

Wideband through EGR

I recently bought a wideband and I am planning on hooking it up through the egr this upcoming weekend. I read somewhere that there should be a table that adjusts the timing based on EGR pintle position but I don't see this on my 97 camaro v6. I have already removed egr so I will have to enable the dtc for pintle position. Is this the only egr related dtc that will have to be enabled? Also, if I run the wideband through the EGR will the timing be affected since I don't have this table? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Any help on this? I tried to do my research in past threads and found places where it said to zero out a table that adjusted the timing based on EGR. Don't have this table on my 97 so I am worried that timing might be affected if I run the wideband through the egr if this table is still in the computer but can't adjust it.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Hoping to start installing the wideband on Friday Night. Can't wait!

I run a fuel pressure sender through the EGR wiring. On my 2000 Regal, the EGR Position is PID 2811. I simply added that PID to the scanner table and created a user defined PID for fuel pressure that multiplies PID.2811 by 20. The only other change I made was to disable the EGR in the editor by setting the Min IAT to 284 (this setting is under Engine > General).

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

Potential Tuner
    I completely overlooked that under the General tab. I was looking in the Spark Control. Thanks BlackGS, time to get started on setting up a PID for the wideband.