Thread: When I get wrong OS as an error - what do I do??

Tuner in Training

When I get wrong OS as an error - what do I do??

There have been a few times I received the error that I have the wrong OS in the PCM I am trying to write to. How do I fix that??
    Blessings,&&Rick

Re: When I get wrong OS as an error - what do I do

You need to use the rewrite entire when that happens.. but take precaution.. the only reason you would have that error is if you are loading somebody elses file into your vehicle.

99% of the time you should use the standard write feature with a file that came from your vehicle.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

Keith, you are right on track. I am trying to use one of my old tuned files that worked great for me from when I started modding on to a friends. So I just need to use the rewrite entire VCM feature. Thanks

Also - what do I need to get to utilize the wideband feature. I have the EIO. What is the best and least expensive way of being able to tune with wideband. TIA
    Blessings,&&Rick

You'll need to pick up a wide band kit. THe LC-1 seems to be very popular. I have no direct experience with that unit though.

Be careful with the rewrite entire feature. It exposes the risk of frying your PCM that is absent with our standard write process.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...