Thread: Custom OS options for '99 C5

Custom OS options for '99 C5

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, so mods feel free to move this. I've got a '99 C5 and am really intrigued with the possibility of running the MAF enhanced and possibly the 1 bar sd enhanced (for ve tuning) particularly for the RTT, and also as a way around the secondary ve table nonsense. Unfortunately, my 2.22 suite only shows two options available: 1 bar sd enhanced (no rtt) and 2 bar sd (maybe with RTT). Is there anything that can be done?? Is it possible to load the '99 c5 pcm with a later file (like an '02 c5 file) to get around some of this? I realize that the '99 pcm was the start of the better ones, but still doesn't seem to have as many os options available to it as the later pcm's. Can anybody help?
    Scott

You should be able to put in another '99 file or comparable file like a 2002.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Hey Scott,

make sure that you are using a later 99 OS for maximum 'coverage' of the custom OS's.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    You should be able to put in another '99 file or comparable file like a 2002.
    Does this mean that I can just grab a stock file from the tune repository here from say an '02 and all is good??? Wont the vin be an issue and what about the credits? I'm sure this should be simple, but I'm just not grasping the particulars. I assume it would be preferable to use a later model file versus another '99 file. BTW, this is a C5 6spd.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Hey Scott,

make sure that you are using a later 99 OS for maximum 'coverage' of the custom OS's.
    What would constitute a later '99 os? And how would I go about determining the revision of the current os that's in the pcm?
    Scott

The easiest way is to have the PCM updated via TechII
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com