Thread: locked ecm

Potential Tuner

locked ecm

This is my life, I have an '06 Solstice with a hahn stage II turbo, I've been having problems with ltft and went to disable it. The write did complete and the ecm is locked. Do I have to send the ecm back to
    Hahn to get it unlocked?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    How are you determining the pcm is locked? Our software can't tunerlock E67 pcm's so I'm not sure how you are determining its locked in any way.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    The light with the lock and car are displayed on the console in the car

That is the security lock, there is a 30 min sequence to relearn the security system between the ecm & bcm.

From another companies website...

How do I perform a security relearn?
    For the seed key relearn, this is the procedure:

You can open and close the door- It doesn't matter. You will need to get in and out since you need to push in the clutch.

1. Depress the clutch and try to start the car. If it does not turn over, let off, but leave the key in the run position. The security light should be lit up on the dash.
    2. Wait 10 minutes(you can open the door and get out). The security light on the dash will turn off after 10 minutes.
    3. Turn the key off for 5 seconds, then depress the clutch and try to start the car. If it does not turn over, let off, but leave the key in the run position. The security light should be lit up on the dash.
    4. Wait 10 minutes(you can open the door and get out). The security light on the dash will turn off after 10 minutes.
    5. Turn the key off for 5 seconds, then depress the clutch and try to start the car. If it does not turn over, let off, but leave the key in the run position. The security light should be lit up on the dash.
    6. Wait 10 minutes(you can open the door and get out). The security light on the dash will turn off after 10 minutes.
    7. Turn the key off for 5 seconds, then depress the clutch and try to start the car. The car should start on this attempt.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    Thanks man, on my way to check

Potential Tuner
    what causes this?

If the file VIN loaded is different than what the bcm learned, it will do this on a write entire of the ECU. Hahn may have used a different file and the VIN between the ecm/bcm was relearned? I don't know.

Once you get it working ok, do a read entire and it will save the file with your VIN #, I would recomend the same if you ever reload & relearn the Hahn file.

Do a write calibration to make future changes, not a write entire but regardless, read entire your file and save it.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 07-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Do a write calibration to make future changes, not a write entire but regardless, read entire your file and save it.
    On the E67's you have to do a WRITE ENTIRE.....

P&P Tuning

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I stand corrected. Thank you.
    Its all good! I remember the first time I did a WRITE CAL only and got the no start. I learned real quick! Its just hard to remember when you used to note doing WRITE ENTIRE all the time...

P&P Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Not only that, but when you tune a 2.4L with the software you have to delete your registration files and put your application key back in again or else you can't tune a 2.0L.....every flipping time!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    Not only that, but when you tune a 2.4L with the software you have to delete your registration files and put your application key back in again or else you can't tune a 2.0L.....every flipping time!
    That's fixed in the new editor
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

^^^this

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Potential Tuner
    thanks for your help, I'm new to the computer tune. It only took me 5 hours to get my car running again. I did the write all and it worked just fine. Thanks again for those who helped me in my time of panic