Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reading WB02 with HPT Standard, using AC Pressure Switch

The log seems to indicate that it's STILL reading the AC pressure sensor. Your wiring is likely still not right. When you go into decel at the end of the log the ac pressure signal doesnt change. If the AC is not being operated then unplug the connector on the AC pressure sensor. That way you are sure the data you are getting is the WB. Or as said above, wire the WB directly to the AC pressure input of the PCM.

Yes, zero out that table to keep the fans from coming on but I dont see why the fans would be going haywwire if you're still feeding the PCM the real AC pressure sensor signal.

The log didnt pick up RPM because you are not logging it in the table. Anything you want to plot in the chart, histograms, dashboard, etc needs to be put into the table.

You're scaring me man...
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

USE QUICK DISCONNECTS.

I don't understand why you would want to use a switch in the first place. It's more of a PITA to install and if it fails you won't know so you could end up with a tune based off of your actual a/c pressure. I'm not sure if I would trust a radio shack switch in that type of environment, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post

You're scaring me man...
    x2, lol. I am a complete noob to tuning, don't get me wrong, but some of the questions you have asked are starting to make me wonder if you should be tuning your car in the first place. No offense.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post

The log didnt pick up RPM because you are not logging it in the table. Anything you want to plot in the chart, histograms, dashboard, etc needs to be put into the table.

You're scaring me man...
    the thing is i had it set to log rpm and for some reason it like turned it self off when i open up the configuration i was using it is set to log rpm but when i open the log it is turned off and i didn't do that
    here is the configuration i was using

and i think i will switch to using quick discount scene i could find my soldering gun yesterday it will be easy to change
    and i bought a new soldering gun so i will do it the right way this time

ok i have it all solder up with quick disconnects i will go log the car later when there is less traffic on the highway
    Last edited by bl4des; 07-16-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Mods:2.7, 60s, RAW 3in Intake, ZZP Midlength , Hahn 3in Catback, Dual Pass, ZZP S3 H/E, Meth, OTTP Rotated Mounts, SMG Tuned, TTR Rear Sway Bar, B&M STS

Tuner
    ok i just dont understand i have it set up with quick disconnects so the ac pressure sensor it not hook up to anything and it is still not working right

here is a quick log of me just going down my street

this is the function i was using because it seem close at idle but hard to tell
    ([PID.7101]/.5)+6.4

Mods:2.7, 60s, RAW 3in Intake, ZZP Midlength , Hahn 3in Catback, Dual Pass, ZZP S3 H/E, Meth, OTTP Rotated Mounts, SMG Tuned, TTR Rear Sway Bar, B&M STS

You're not outputting narrowband readings, are you?

Tuner
    i am not sure i am using a configuration i got off of here with some things i added can you look at my log and let me know

I looked at it and it looks fucked up. It shouldn't be bouncing all over like that with the car off, at least mine doesn't.

What wire did you tap into again?

Tuner
    it is the white wire on the aem gauge and the red and black wire in the top connection on the pcm
    Last edited by bl4des; 07-16-2010 at 08:03 PM.

That is weird. What does your tune look like?

Tuner
    here is my tune and latest log and the tune need some work but i need to get the wb to work right

i was dyno tuned at a shop

Tuner
    i think i know what is wrong i just read that i need to be logging AFR Commanded and i am not
    is it Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Low Res (afr) that i need to be logging?
    Last edited by bl4des; 07-16-2010 at 08:26 PM.

does the AEM have 2 outputs? are you using the correct one? When you say white wire off the gauges, do you mean it is inline (series) with the gauge?

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Tuner
    no it doesn't have 2 outputs it is just tape into the output wire

This is wack.

Tuner
    this is starting to piss me off i dont get y it is not working right

Tuner
    anyone have an idea what i need to do to get this to work?

do root cause analysis...take a DMM and measure the voltage at your wideband and then at the splice, then compare that to what HPTuners is seeing. HPTuners will probably be a little lower, but it should change with the voltage changes that happen as your AFR changes. Check your ground connection for the analog output of your wideband to make sure that its connected as well.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Tuner
    ok just so everyone know i am an asshole and tapped the wrong wire on the wideband i am fixing it now and will let you know when i am done.
    i taped the white wire coming from the o2 sensor not the gauge
    ok i have it all hook up the Right way and it is working great thanks for the help
    Last edited by bl4des; 07-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bl4des View Post
    the thing is i had it set to log rpm and for some reason it like turned it self off when i open up the configuration i was using it is set to log rpm but when i open the log it is turned off and i didn't do that
    here is the configuration i was using
    you need to have the engine RPM PID in the table before you start logging. The fact that it didn't show up in your log means it wasnt in the table when you started logging. When you open any scan the table displays whatever PIDs were in the table when the log was taken.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game