Thread: Odd air conditioning behavior

Odd air conditioning behavior

My truck (in the signature) runs like a striped-ass ape- Until you turn the AC on. It has no pep to it, it bogs when you hit the gas from a stop, it takes forever to wind out in the rpms...its almost like a 4 cyl! Im not totally sure whats going on; it seems like it dumps the timing when the AC is on, but I'm not 100% sure- I need to log more. What else could it be as a guess, have any of you run into this? Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    By default in the fbodies, the air shuts off at any RPM over 4K. You could set yours to shut off at say 3K knowing you only 'cruise' around at mostly under 3K. But to your question, my car has not experienced that.

I have tried messing with AC engage and disengage a few years back, and they made little/no difference. Thats more of a feature you'd use when passing than anything else, since when you hit it from a stop, thats low RPM (or relatively low; the highest rpm would be stall flash) I didnt have time to log today, I should be able to soon though. I have a hunch the timing is being dumped across the board. It -feels- a lot like you unplugged your MAF on a stock car, and youre driving it. Slow to rev and wind out at wot, slow to get going...just a slug.