Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TVS with 80#s problem

Tuner

TVS with 80#s problem

under w0t is smooth and strong, perfect afr's and no knock. Idle is a bit lean / messed up occasionally but it evens out. Where I'm having problems is at about 5psi, 6000-7000 hz on the maf freq. The afr will go pig rich, then sweep all the way lean and the car will hesitate/stumble and give a couple random misfires. Only in this range I'm having troubles. I have no maf errors in these cells either. idk wtf is goin on.
    2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged - 3xx whp. *Gone*
    2014 Camaro M6 - Too slow.

Got a log?
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Quote Originally Posted by skatinboarding View Post
    Got a log?
    x2.. Log and copy of current file should allow us to help you better..

P&P Tuning

Tuner
    I will upload when i am back at my computer that has my files.

Tuner
    its not letting me upload files from my computer. it just sits there and says "uploading files - please wait"

It takes a long ass time for me to upload shit on here.

Tuner
    I left it go while i went and did something else and it timed out. logged me off too

Tuner
    finally got the damn file upload to work. here are 2 logs and the tune file that is currently on the car.

Hopefully someone can tell me wtf is happening with this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bika View Post
    under w0t is smooth and strong, perfect afr's and no knock. Idle is a bit lean / messed up occasionally but it evens out. Where I'm having problems is at about 5psi, 6000-7000 hz on the maf freq. The afr will go pig rich, then sweep all the way lean and the car will hesitate/stumble and give a couple random misfires. Only in this range I'm having troubles. I have no maf errors in these cells either. idk wtf is goin on.
    same craziness in my tune from OTTP

Advanced Tuner
    ok what is the difference between tuning in the Still all fucked up and the todd to send?

does your have a jerk when accelerating? like completly falls on its face around 3-4K?

Tuner
    its not rpm related. its strictly boost and maf frequency related.

The only changes I made to the tune between the logs was PE engagement rate and slight maf table changes, not necessarily in the MAF area of the hesitation.

Just a WAG, but why is there a giant spike in the voltage offset at -20 kPa? Looks like the 4.5x-20 got pasted vertically, seems like a 4.23584ms offset at all voltages can't be right. I'm seeing the same issue with the OTT tune that I purchased that I can't get to even run. it's pig rich like BEN .80. No other tunes I've been looking to for comparison does that.

Is there a known good set of fuel control tables for 80's out there?
    Last edited by Dennisscars; 05-11-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisscars View Post
    Just a WAG, but why is there a giant spike in the voltage offset at -20 kPa? Looks like the 4.5x-20 got pasted vertically, seems like a 4.23584ms offset at all voltages can't be right. I'm seeing the same issue with the OTT tune that I purchased that I can't get to even run. it's pig rich like BEN .80. No other tunes I've been looking to for comparison does that.

Is there a known good set of fuel control tables for 80's out there?
    need this as well!

Advanced Tuner
    Try the injector spreadsheet that is floating around I hear good things. See if the fueling problems change. If they dont we have eliminated some things. If the MAF is dialed in it "seems" that the fueling from the MAF is good because you do not use any VE parameters.

The one I've seen here are just IFR, the voltage offset seems to be "magic."

P12 maxes out at about 60# injectors so there seem to be various methods to black magic the increased injectors. Apparently some work and some don't. Trying to find the ones that do. HPt won't read my unsupported ecm so I can't get to numbers that I dyno'd with. Trying to find "approved" fuel control tables that efi won't let me see from which I came to get to a text book position. Efi won't let me get into COT adders and some rev limits.. so I've got some of both and most of neither.
    First Atom on E85
    Flex:Fuel - 85% Hippie Tears

"The slowest driver in the slowest car in the slowest class is having more fun than anybody in the stands." - Mike Stephens

Tuner
    Apparently OTTP has given out more than one shit tune. If someone can share their magic secret, or some decent fueling tables, I'd be grateful.

Same here, would rather not put 60's back in. Would like to make the power that require 80's.
    First Atom on E85
    Flex:Fuel - 85% Hippie Tears

"The slowest driver in the slowest car in the slowest class is having more fun than anybody in the stands." - Mike Stephens

ditto

Tuner in Training
    injector mapping is incorrect