Thread: E85 Tune

Tuner in Training

E85 Tune

Ok so I'm looking at trying out some of the corn juice and have been researching some or the things that need to be changed in my tune. I have an LS3 Intake manifold with the LS3 injectors that are at about 41% duty cycle. From what I have read I need to increase the duty by 30% roughly also need to change the Stoich for the E85 and adjust the PE table for it and also fine tune some other things for it. My main question is that I have an AEM wideband that I just use as a gauge it's not hooked to the ECU or hp tuners, can the narrow band thats on the car read everything properly or do I have to have a wideband hooked up? Also am I correct in what needs to be changed? Thanks for any help in advance!

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? any input?

Advanced Tuner
    You didnt say what car or truck this was for?

Simplest way is to change stoich to around 9.8:1 if you are running full E85.

Your LTFT's will tell you how far off you are.

Your NB O2's will adjust up to about 20%. Depends on actual factory tune.

They are ok for part throttle but if you are into PE then you need to use the WB to tell the story.

Tuner in Training
    Change your stoich, Change your setting to 100% maf calculations. Your narrowbands recgnize lambda 1 so if u set ur stoich properly the trims should be good. The reason i use 100% maf is to avoid messing with the ve but it would be a good idea to calibrate the ve cause it still falls to ve during cold starts etc.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply's guys! And sorry its a 06 GTO Heads/Cam/Intake 125 wet shot

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Change your stoich, Change your setting to 100% maf calculations. Your narrowbands recgnize lambda 1 so if u set ur stoich properly the trims should be good. The reason i use 100% maf is to avoid messing with the ve but it would be a good idea to calibrate the ve cause it still falls to ve during cold starts etc.
    I agree, adjust stoich for lowest trims, then start the tuning process for WOT lambda.

But: The problem with 100% MAF is the MAF is sized to only be accurate at higher airflow, which is why GM biases toward the VE/Calculated VE at lower airflow/RPM.