Thread: Year/Model Credits... what is covered?

Year/Model Credits... what is covered?

I have a 08 Chevy Cobalt SS.... as do 2 of my friends.

So i was thinking i might as well do the 08 cobalt model/year license (for 6 credits) instead of doing mine now (2) then adding them both on later (4) and then im stuck.

But what would make this option easier for me, is knowing what all that would cover.... the "year" part is obvious. but what exactly is a "model"? are we talking body stamp (delta body)? or trim package (cobalt SS)? or actual dealer model (cobalt)?

i see it is listed as...
    "05-09 Chevy Cobalt 2.0, 2.4 (08+ 2.4 Not Supported)"

1. Why isnt the 2.2L listed? that is the most common engine in the cobalt. will hpt only tune the 2.0 and 2.4, and does not support the 2.2? or is that a different licsence? or was it just a typo?

2. Does the 08-cobalt licesnce work ONLY on cobalts or is it the entire delta-body platform including the G5 and such? (i see many other year/model packages cover a "body type" like "f-body camero/firebird")

3. Does this cover ALL models of the 08 Cobalt? all engines? all trans? all packages? (the super el-cheapo base model with a 2.2 all the way up to the 2.4L and SS 2.0 turbo models?)

4. so if i get the yr/model lic for a 08 cobalt SS... i can tune mine, and my 2 friends with 08 cobalt SS's.. but can i tune my brothers 08 base model 4-door 2.2L? Can i tune my buddy's 08 G5?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    or actual dealer model (cobalt)?
    Yes

i see it is listed as...
    "05-09 Chevy Cobalt 2.0, 2.4 (08+ 2.4 Not Supported)"

1. Why isnt the 2.2L listed? that is the most common engine in the cobalt. will hpt only tune the 2.0 and 2.4, and does not support the 2.2? or is that a different licsence? or was it just a typo?
    We don't support the 2.2 pcm(different than the 2.0 & 2.4 pcm's).

2. Does the 08-cobalt licesnce work ONLY on cobalts
    Correct it only covers cobalts of that year.

3. Does this cover ALL models of the 08 Cobalt?
    It covers all the cobalts listed for that year, in which case the only pcm support in 2008 cobalts is the one offered for the 2.0 motor, we do not support the 2.4 pcm they used in 2008.

4. so if i get the yr/model lic for a 08 cobalt SS... i can tune mine, and my 2 friends with 08 cobalt SS's.. but can i tune my brothers 08 base model 4-door 2.2L? Can i tune my buddy's 08 G5?
    If you get the 2008 Cobalt year/model license you'd be able to tune an unlimited amount of 2008 Cobalt 2.0 pcm's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So I would need 6 more credits for 2009?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellz06 View Post
    So I would need 6 more credits for 2009?
    Correct

I heard from a few people recently that HPT is now able to tune the 2.2L and 2.4L ecotec....

Last I checked that was not true, but just wanted to hear it officially.

i am guessing it is still 2.4L only up to 07... 08+ no go. and no 2.2L at all?
    that was how i heard it last. Has anything changed since then?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our supported vehicles list is currently pretty accurate http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php