Thread: LSJ Boost Bypass

Advanced Tuner

LSJ Boost Bypass

As the title states I was looking where in the tuning software I can adjust boost bypass or anyone think of a way to do what I am needing. I have searched but didnt find an answer.

I have a 2006 Cobalt SS/SC and I am about to start a twincharge build, the remainder of the parts have been ordered and are on there way.

Basically I am wanting to bypass the supercharger at a certain RPM (when the turbo gets near 1/2 or 3/4 spool). I have found some 1st and 2nd gear max boost limit adjustments but it only starts at 4k rpm which I should be full spooled or be near full spool by then. I saw max torue adjustments in all gears, but that starts at 4k rpm too.

I have "heard" (not too sure if its true) of a company that was able to achieve this through the computer instead of using boost controllers like previous.

Let me know if you have any info, thanks!

Look under the supercharger tab.
    It's either Desired Torque or Desired MAP, depending on the how late in the year your car was made.

And yes, ZZP has been able to control the whole system with the stock PCM, however, in my opinion it's a choppy system. A dual MBC system is far more smooth, and yields a better torque curve.
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    Look under the supercharger tab.
    It's either Desired Torque or Desired MAP, depending on the how late in the year your car was made.

And yes, ZZP has been able to control the whole system with the stock PCM, however, in my opinion it's a choppy system. A dual MBC system is far more smooth, and yields a better torque curve.
    I dont remember seeing that. I was searching at 4 am this morning though. Is the table KPA vs RPM? or what? Of course I dont bring my comp to work the one day I need to so I can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    I dont remember seeing that. I was searching at 4 am this morning though. Is the table KPA vs RPM? or what? Of course I dont bring my comp to work the one day I need to so I can check it out.
    It's on the top right side of the screen, under "Boost Control". There are two tables.... Desired Torque (or MAP) and Desired Torque (or MAP) S/S.
    The tables will have an RPM axis going across the top, and gears 1-6 on the side. Earlier PCM's will have boost in this table (the ones labeled 'MAP')... but newer PCM's will have a torque number is ft-lb (the ones labeled 'torque').
    Tyler

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    It's on the top right side of the screen, under "Boost Control". There are two tables.... Desired Torque (or MAP) and Desired Torque (or MAP) S/S.
    The tables will have an RPM axis going across the top, and gears 1-6 on the side. Earlier PCM's will have boost in this table (the ones labeled 'MAP')... but newer PCM's will have a torque number is ft-lb (the ones labeled 'torque').
    ok I know which one you are talking about now I believe there were all 6043's in the cells. It show all gears but IIRC it starts at 4k RPM. I am going to be full spool by then, I will utilize it in that RPM I was just hoping I could get something from 2k up or so. Have full SC boost unitl 3k and take percentage away for every percentage the TC boosts more.