Thread: Varying PE commanded in High RPM's(V6)

Senior Tuner

Question Varying PE commanded in High RPM's(V6)

OK guys, here's the deal. I've been doing some WB testing with my car and have found that I would like to go a little deeper in PE in the higher sections of my MAF.
    Our VCM does have a PE referenced by time modifier. Positive #'s in that table will lean and so on.... My question is, when scanning, if I were to use that modifier to go deeper in PE from 5600rpm to 6400rpm(-.2), will it show in my scan as the lower PE commanded? Meaning, for example, when I hit 5600rpm will HP show the 12.9 that is commanded from the coolant referenced table and just add to that, or will it switch to the 12.7 that I want for the top end?
    I am thinking that if I put -.2 in that time table for all time values in the 5600 and 6400 RPM columns, that when I hit 5600 RPM that the scanner will show that I am commanding 12.7 and not 12.9.
    I'm game for experimenting with the program, but PE is not the place for experiments if you ask me...
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I have done some fiddling in the PE rpm/time table while monitoring CommAFR and I can tell you that yes, it will modify you commanded AFR. Small changes make big differences. Tip: use smaller incriments. No more than 0.1 when ADDing to this table. Scan often. Kind of like measure twice and cut once. Let the rest of us know how you do with this.