Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 09 Cobalt SS Aftermarket Turbo Low Boost Level Issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tillman speed View Post
    Wonder if this could be intercooler related? Stock cobalt intercooler. Could that be limiting boost?

Pill went into the supply line to the wastegate selenoid. 0106, all 3 or 4 are disabled.
    I dont think it is the IC. Stock IC has flowed over 40lbs/min on big turbo cobalts. I dunno what it is but try the MBC on there. I would shoot for 26-28 psi with that turbo.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 10-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.

26 Motherfxcking PSI!

We took the turbo off, resealed the entire thing and went over the whole turbo. I don't know whether PTE sent it out leaking or what, but we put it back together and I'm getting 255kPa flatline and the gauge is showing 25-26.5 PSI until redline where she rolls down to 24-25.5. Perfect!

I'll have a dyno graph hopefully soon! I think she's got almost 400 to the tires.

Chris Rose
    Tillman Speed Inc.
    www.shoptillman.com

Tillman Speed Inc.
    www.ShopTillman.com

Nice!!

Glad to hear you finally got some boostages!
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Any chance I can get back in there soon Chris?? I made some changes that are feeling a lot stronger up top

Check it out! STFT's dialed in better, too. Made 366 to the tire SAE corrected on 23PSI and 397 to the tire SAE on 26PSI with about 3 degrees KR on each run... damn KR.

Chris

Tillman Speed Inc.
    www.ShopTillman.com

Advanced Tuner
    Ah! I am glad you got it working. I had a couple suggestions, one I thought was maybe you turning off the MAP CEL. Thought maybe you had a bad MAP. But... the MBC will prolly work best for you. What did you get on the dyno?