Thread: Load w/failed MAF table

Potential Tuner

Load w/failed MAF table

How important is the Load w/failed Maf table i seen it can cause some driveability issues with other posters on other sites. Also how exactly is that table adjusted? Thanks for any Help

Potential Tuner
    Tttttttt

Senior Tuner
    The Load w/ Failed MAF table is vital, especially on most 2002 and newer Fords. It serves multiple purposes, one of them being an anticipation table for fuel events in the future. You should always dial this table in to match what Load your actually seeing.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Advanced Tuner
    This table is also the primary lookup for base fuel and spark axes. If this is wrong, your fuel and spark maps will be misaligned

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the great info, may i ask what is the proper way to calibrate this table?

Advanced Tuner
    It should follow your VE/MAP/torque curve, where 1.0 is equivalent to 1 atmosphere. Under boost, its more than 1. For NA, its usually around 0.9

Think of it as your theoretical MAP equivalence ratio, and that number multiplies the default baro of 101.2kPa

With just one dyno plot of torque, you should be able to approximate a curve for WOT, then just blend back from there

The factory Ford calibrations are all over the place. You could get away with setting everything to 0.9 at WOT (NA)

ok so i have a 85mm mass air. i got the maf voltage curve right. do i need to do this as well?

Advanced Tuner
    Do what?

We don't have MAFs on Fords over here (Ford a really cheap) so can't advise you about that

I presume that with a MAF your MAF transfer function should be what you modify to reach your target air-fuels