Thread: Moist Air Fuel Issue

Potential Tuner

Moist Air Fuel Issue

I have a 2002 camaro z28 with ported z06 heads, custom comp cam, headers, full exhaust. I have already had the machine tuned, but have drivability issues when there is moister in the air. In the begging of the data log you can see that the right and left bank are way out of wack. The right side is ultra lean, and the left is ultra rich. As the data log progresses there is no more issue like that. What do you guys think?? Can we get any help??
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is a config you posted, not a scan. Sounds like you could have a bad o2 sensor.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    thank you, i didnt realize my mistake. I have new logs, but having internet issues. If i had a bad o2 sensor wouldnt it be more consistent. Why would it happen just when it rains?

Ever notice how a car has moisture coming out of the exhaust when you first start it? That's one of the reasons for installing the 02's between 10&2 Oclock. I wondering if your 02's are on the edge of failure and the moisture in the exhaust upon start up is bothering them.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

or getting water on the MAF
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    is this common with modded cars? I have the oxygen sensors mounted between 10 and 2. The only time i have issues is when it rains. If the car is warm and driving in the rain it is completely fine. The problem occurs when the car sits in moisture and is started up. Could this be a tunning problem, or more of a hardware issue. Thanks for the help aaron.

Try logging idle when warm and comparing it to the scan from a cold start and look for erratic readings on the 02's, MAF and any off readings on anything else. Log as many items as you can think of that might be related.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

We cant help if you aren't going to post logs.

Potential Tuner

her are those logs

here are the logs and tune that you guys ask for. I am working on getting a wet wideband log. Thanks for all the help i look forward to seeing what you guys think.

thanks,

aaron