Thread: no power from vehicle?

no power from vehicle?

tried to license my truck today, but it says that there was no power from the vehicle??

I was able to use the scanner and get readings for about 25 minuets before it disconnected.

whats up with this? my diablo handheld did this same thing and i blamed it on the handheld and tossed it, the cord on it was in bad shape so i figured that was the problem. where do i even start?
    2000 Camaro Z28- stock motor. P/S LT's, TSP TD bullet style mufflers,de screen maf, LID and K&N filter. 2.73's
    180,000 miles and going strong!!

2004 Silverado 2500HD- stock 6.0, drop in K&N filter, 285-75/16 sport king A/T's.

Tuner
    Have you checked if you have power to pin 16 of OBD socket of car.Not sure on your car but check your fuses in Aussie GM's cigarette lighter fuse is the one that powers obd2.

well i know the cig lighter works. i was using an inverter to keep charge for my laptop.
    why would it scan and not read? happend on the way into work and now i wont be off till midnight, lol. always something.
    2000 Camaro Z28- stock motor. P/S LT's, TSP TD bullet style mufflers,de screen maf, LID and K&N filter. 2.73's

2004 Silverado 2500HD- stock 6.0, drop in K&N filter, 285-75/16 sport king A/T's.

Tuner
    Maybe check your cables and tight including make sure all the pins and tight in obdsocket i have been caught with a car that one of the wires in socket have slipped out but would make a intermitant connection. Maybe swap usb cables have you tried rebooting pc. When did the problem start? didyou install any other software or hadware Just some thoughts

this was the first time i tried to read the truck to license it., it scanned fine but that was it. i save the log of it fine and when i parked went to read and no power alert popped up. this and adobe is the only software taht are on this laptop. only use it for tuning anyways. 20 minuets before i tried the truck i wrote to me car. guess ill have to get up under there and check those pins.

the usb cable that came with my interface does stick out from the port more than i remember being normal to other devices. i'll poke around at things.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you can't figure it out contact support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Wound up being a blown cig lighter fuse. But now the info center displays reduced engine power.