Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When does a GTP stop pulling?

Quote Originally Posted by shoafster
    there is a setting that bleeds off boost after 116 mph. look in the supercharger torque management settings and there should be a setting that does that. just change it to 255 mph, and increase the supercharger timer to 30,000, that way it doesnt limit boost when the timer hits 12800.
    Is the supercharger mph setting in a different location? I wonder if this is not an option in our GTP's as I couldn't find it. These are the settings I currently have for SC adjustments. If I was loosing boost, i'd be going rich wouldn't I? I'm going lean at 6K RPM. What are these values in the base timer? are these MAF frequencies?

Quote Originally Posted by streetcar
    I'd like you try an additional test to isolate the problem from being fuel related. If you can, pull the supercharger belt, set your Power Enrichment -- Base AFR vs ECT to 12.8:1 and zero out the Add vs RPM table. Repeat the tests in a familiar matter you've done before (wind it out to 6000RPM).

I'd like to see the results.
    Due to frustration I've not messed with the car for the past week and gave it a rest. I'll get back on the troubleshooting this week. I just needed a break.
    99GTP: Flowmasters, ZZP Power log & Ported rear, 9.5:1, Bored over .010, removed balance shaft, Dbl roller chain, Intense S1X, custom ported heads, 45#inj., 105lb springs, 1.7 rockers, A103's, 180-stat, Gen V swap, 97 Cadillac TB & Custom machined alum. spacer, 95 GTP Hood louvers
    97GTP: Stock engine, 95 GTP Hood louvers

Tuner in Training
    The MPH for the supercharger boost reduction is under Torque Management and Supercharger, just set the Enable Speed to 255 mph, stock its 116. Might want to up the Enable Time a little bit even tho you will probably never reach that time at WOT. Also the timer I was talking about was under Airflow and General Airflow. I just set the Supercharger Timer Max to 30,000. If you set it to zero it will limit you to 4 lbs of boost at WOT.

The values in the SC Boost Control Timer Base are the values at which the timer starts when you enter boost at the corresponding ECT. When the increasing timer value hits the Timer Max, the boost bypass valve opens and limits boost. I think its in seconds, so the stock value of 12800 is still a long time away, but I just increased it to make sure it wouldn't open.

And yes you should be going rich due to being in PE and a loss of boost.

Quote Originally Posted by shoafster View Post
    Might want to up the Enable Time a little bit even tho you will probably never reach that time at WOT. Also the timer I was talking about was under Airflow and General Airflow. I just set the Supercharger Timer Max to 30,000. If you set it to zero it will limit you to 4 lbs of boost at WOT.

The values in the SC Boost Control Timer Base are the values at which the timer starts when you enter boost at the corresponding ECT. When the increasing timer value hits the Timer Max, the boost bypass valve opens and limits boost. I think its in seconds, so the stock value of 12800 is still a long time away, but I just increased it to make sure it wouldn't open.
    Sorry to open old threads (and hijack), but can you expound on this theory? I was under the impression that if you zero out the SC BC timer tables, the BCS will never open? How do we know that we are limited to only 4 lbs of boost at WOT?
    99 Dark Metallic Bronzemist SSEi, 187K, S3, P&P GenV, 3.4MPS, N*TB & LQ4, SLP Headers, Cat & EGR Delete, Hockey puck TA mount, Solid Trans/Motor mount, KYB fronts, MSD Wires&Coils, TRE-340, Thrasher CAI w/ 9" K&N, C-Ya Shift Kit, Hayden Trans cooler.