Thread: how to install 57 lb injectors?

Potential Tuner

how to install Fast 57 lb injectors?

2005 LS2 mn6 trans.
    What tables do I have to change to replace my stock injectors with FAST 57 lb/hr injectors? The car has been tuned with old injectors and mild cam. I am replacing heads, cam and 57# injectors and need engine to run good enough to get 60 miles to tuner for retune.
    Last edited by 13thC6; 07-12-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: edited title
    2005 Precision Red C6 Pilot Car, 13thC6
    1962 Red Roaster 4 speed C1
    1982 Delorean DMC12 Stage II Engine

Tuner in Training
    I had the FAST 46lb injectors and I could never get them dialed in without having to do some severe scaling of my maf I am talking 10+ %.

What I did, and what several other people are doing with great success is purchasing modded stock ls2 injectors and running those. I have talked to several other individuals who have done this and they have met with great success. With a modded ls2 injector that has only a larger orifice and all the same internal parts and body, you are able to keep the stock voltage offset table, minimum pulse width, and pulse width adder table and a calculated IFR table of course.

The FAST injector supposedly acts nothing like the stock injectors and that information can not be found without having your injectors flowed on a setup were the voltage can be changed vs. pressure.

This modded stock ls2 injector system has worked on several dozen other setups and is very easy to tune.

I ran into the same problem you did with FAST injectors and I wish I would have done a little research before I bought them.

Potential Tuner
    Is there no one on this forum that has replaced the original injectors for a head, cam upgrage ???
    2005 Precision Red C6 Pilot Car, 13thC6
    1962 Red Roaster 4 speed C1
    1982 Delorean DMC12 Stage II Engine

Senior Tuner
    What do you mean? You won't ever get those injectors tuned in right unless you have an actual flow bench that can give you ALL of the various values needed for the flow characteristics of those injectors. It's more than just tuning in the IFR table. Get a known injector that we have proper data for, otherwise you're going to be raping your tune in attempt to control fueling. If you'd like a raped out tune, then go for it.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner
    so where would I send my fast 57's to....to have them "flowed" with recorded data?
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Tuner
    Paul Yaw did mine. I highly recommend him. www.yawpower.com

Mike

Tuner
    As an additional note, there was so much difference between the flow rates of the FAST injectors, I never installed them. I went with a set of Racetronix matched injectors instead. Having the injectors flow tested was money well spent.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZMike View Post
    As an additional note, there was so much difference between the flow rates of the FAST injectors, I never installed them. I went with a set of Racetronix matched injectors instead. Having the injectors flow tested was money well spent.
    I took a similar route but with modded ls2 42lb injectors flow matched. I used all the fuel data from a stock 07c6 file offset, min pulsewidth, pulsewidth adjustment, and adjusted my IFR table to reflect 42.6 lb / hr. This setup was spot on My LTFT's at idle went from -24.2 with the Fast injectors to -1.2with the modded ls2's. I have heard of several other people having the same success using the modded ls2 injectors.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to get a bigger injector without having to go through the headache of flow testing.

Before my truck wouldnt even idle or run with VE enabled and now it runs very well with VE enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZMike View Post
    Paul Yaw did mine. I highly recommend him. www.yawpower.com

Mike
    Are you saying that you can send him a set of unknown injectors and get back useful numbers to put in the tables? I have a set of the Delphi D3181AA injectors that apparently have not been completely documented for use with HPT:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14955

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast9C1 View Post
    Are you saying that you can send him a set of unknown injectors and get back useful numbers to put in the tables? I have a set of the Delphi D3181AA injectors that apparently have not been completely documented for use with HPT:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14955
    Yes, you can. He will need to know the pressure you want your data at, and he will accomplish the rest.

As a caveat, Greg Banish has stated on here that GM calculation of injector slope is different than Ford. I am not sure how close Paul will get, but you can see in the flow data the exact dead times for the injectors.