Thread: Car failed OBD2. Not enough history/not ready status...

Tuner in Training

Car failed OBD2. Not enough history/not ready status...

Quick question. If I get HPT can I tell the PCM its in ready status? It failed inspection saying not enough history or something most likely from me disconnecting the battery. I really hate the DMV. I took a lot of time replacing sensors and crap to get the CEL's to go away. And Im not driving it to and from work into a crowded parking lot just to gain "history". I read another thread on LS1tech that a guy failed for the same thing after he had driven 250 miles. Its rediculous. If you have it fixed at a shop and they replace the sensors and disconnect the battery and clear the codes does it not do the same thing? Sounds like a rip....

on a side note it failed the DB meter too. Can I just shut off a bank of cylinders... haha

Thanks,
    Erik
    05 HEMI Ram, NEEDS TUNE SUPPORT!
    14MPG HWY aint cuttin it.
    02 Camaro SS, Needs to be faster

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, hptuners has a readiness monitor in the scanner. If you clear your codes you'll need to go through the entire readiness procedure.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Very cool. Is it difficult? I dont plan on tuning until I can learn the software. Just need this damn car to pass inspection. Plus Im very undecided on WB's right now.

Thanks for the quick response Bill!

Tuner in Training
    Ok I looked at the GM readiness procedure. Seems difficult to do on public roads. Not only that it could take 5 complete drive cycles to be ready. That could take forever considering I do not drive the car that much. And you need to let the car cool down each time. God the DMV and OBD crap makes me mad.

Tuner
    i just drove around for a while and it set them for me

I know this is a VERY old thread, but is it all still "fact"?

Reason I ask is that I just picked a C6 that has a LS3 427ci w/ SD tune (Charlie @ RPM). Passed CA emissions tailpipe and smog w/ flying colors. Problem is I live in VA and we have OBDII for emissions. Took it in and my O2s keeping popping up NOT READY.

I drove the car from CA to VA - My plan is to pick up a copy of HP Tuner to fix the problem and also clean up my cold start idle air flow and idle a bit.

Anyone want to comment?

Tuner in Training
    Took it in and my O2s keeping popping up NOT READY.
    In Virginia thats ok, you're allowed to have one test Not Ready or Fail and still pass emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by 01SDime View Post
    In Virginia thats ok, you're allowed to have one test Not Ready or Fail and still pass emissions.
    I had two read not ready -

O2 and EGR

Tuner in Training
    Yeah you won't pass with two failing/not ready. Try and get the EGR one working if you can. The 02 sensors would probably be tougher if you have a high flow cat, I'm assuming you do with that setup.

Everyone,

We do not support using our product to bypass or defeat emissions testing.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...