Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E40 2 Bar SD OS Fan Bug

E40 2 Bar SD OS Fan Bug

This custom OS extends the fan table down to 163 degrees. I have 0's until 185 where I command 50% and my fan comes on at varying speeds immediately after a cold start. The only way to kil it is to command 0 RPM in VCM Controls.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    please post your tune & .hpl log file showing the issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Here you go. @ ~145 degrees it's commanding 90% fan when the tune has 0 until 185 where I command 50.
    Bill Winters

are you sure you don't have some kind of AC issue? If the AC pressure sensor is disconnected or failed it is likely the PCM will send the fans to full.
    I count sheep in hex...

Thats a good point Chris. I pipe my WB in through my AC Pressure sensor. I have a toggle switch to go back and forth. I'll have to see whether it does it when it's reading actual AC pressure. My brand new Paxton headunit is leaking oil out the compressor side though so it will be a while before I can try this...
    Bill Winters

I'm fighting with E40 fans on a swap with one on/off fan... I have the same issue and it has no AC input. I zero'd the AC table but I still have this behavior. Is there an input that I need to feed with something to make this stop?
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Frost do you have a copy of the tune to post so we can look at it

Potential Tuner
    Turn off DTCs for AC presure sensor......

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I'm fighting with E40 fans on a swap with one on/off fan... I have the same issue and it has no AC input. I zero'd the AC table but I still have this behavior. Is there an input that I need to feed with something to make this stop?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOYDY View Post
    Turn off DTCs for AC presure sensor......
    I've done both of these and still have the same issue (not using 2bar OS yet). Fans come on at 196 as programmed but will not turn off at 192. Just doing some tests for now. If I can get this to work, I'll probably upgrade to the 2bar so I can go a little lower with the settings. I'm only running one fan, discrete mode controlling the fan relay.

I'm not using any A/C components in my Jeep conversion. Do I just uncheck all A/C related SES and DTC's to "No error reported" or should they be set to something else? I can override the fan to off using VCM controls and commanding either "fan low" or "fan high" to off.

what codes did you turn off? maybe you did the wrong ones.. posting your tune will help identify the problem

Tuner
    Any DTC in the list that referred to AC. Think these are all of em:

P0532 AC pressure sensor circuit low
    P0533 AC pressure sensor circuit high
    P0645 AC clutch relay control circuit
    P1598 AC pressure sensor high

I was just out there trying every combination of settings that I could think of. I did turn on status bits in the scanner for the fan and AC groups. Fan 1 bit turns on with the fan relay as it should at 196. Just never turns off, even when ECT goes down to 176f.

For the AC group, I get a "AC Disable (pressure)" bit set immediately at engine start that never goes away, which makes sense since no sensor is connected. I just don't understand any other way of disabling this status if this is the problem.

Anyone know what a normal AC pressure sensor voltage should be so maybe I can fool it? Looking at other people's tune's, is ~2v about average?

try setting these

P0532 AC pressure sensor circuit low
    P0533 AC pressure sensor circuit high
    P1598 AC pressure sensor high

to "3 - No Error Reported"

they are currently "2 - No MIL Light" which i think means it will still fault and effect the ECU but just wont bring on the light

Tuner
    Thanks man. I think I've tried that already, but I'll give it a shot. If all else fails, I'll just throw a DC Controller on it and call it a day.

Make the changes as shown. Since your Fan State Transition 1>0 was higher than the Fan State Desired at 192*F, the fan would never turn off.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Thanks Russ. That last attempt and post of my tune was apparently a typo now that I look at it again. Was trying all sorts of combinations and must have fat fingered that one. I did basically try what you're suggesting already, but as a sanity check, I'll give it another try in a bit. Thanks

Tuner
    Well, tried a couple things today. Made the corrected changes to the fan state table - no change. Fan comes on at appropriate temp, but never turns off.

Noticed that the A/C pressure disable bit was still set so I made a simple voltage divider and tricked the A/C pressure PID into thinking that it's seeing 2.0v. No more A/C pressure disable bit. Unfortunately, it didn't matter. Damn fan still never turns off even when ECT gets back down to 175F. BTW, I don't have A/C in my Jeep or the components installed on this motor.

Just for sanity check I'm going to try the stock GTO fan settings and see if it somewhat works with that. I'm out of ideas otherwise.

Tuner
    Must be something else going on with this.. Even with using the GTO settings, it never turns off when it should.

so with just a standard GTO tune it wont turn off or you modified the codes aswell to suit no AC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledip View Post
    so with just a standard GTO tune it wont turn off or you modified the codes aswell to suit no AC
    I just modified all fan tables to match GTO settings. Also changed the related DTC's to match. Oddly, stock GTO has those set to no mil light. Tried a few different combos of settings. Nothing seems to make a difference.

I can over ride the fans to off in VCM controls. And strangely turning off any of the three fan buttons shuts my fan off. Until I put either of the buttons back to default. Then fan comes back on.

can you post your last tune with the gto settings so i can have alook ..