Thread: vs commodore ls1 conversion wont start

vs commodore ls1 conversion wont start

hi guys im hoping someone may be able to help me I am doing my first ls1 engine swap on vs commodore ute but i cannot get it to fire i think i have done it correctly Ihave disabled vats the engine was originally man but i have converted to auto can some one take a look and see if they can see where i have gone wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AREA 51 racing View Post
    hi guys im hoping someone may be able to help me I am doing my first ls1 engine swap on vs commodore ute but i cannot get it to fire i think i have done it correctly Ihave disabled vats the engine was originally man but i have converted to auto can some one take a look and see if they can see where i have gone wrong
    Have you got a log that shows you have spark? Inj PW? Does it crank at all, fire then die or do you have any other info so we can help. Are you keeping the MAF or not?

Should be a good conversion once it is sorted too btw

no log atm was showing injector pulse but the commanded af ratio was showing 4 with 13 degrees of timing i will try to post a log as soon as i get back to it

the engine just cranks does not fire at all i plan on running mafless but have kept the maf for start up the wiring has been checked then double checked and checked again so im quite confident that is not the problem i have tried the computer out of my 99 vt ss and it wont fire with that either

I guess I would be verifiying that I was actually getting spark as well as fuel pressure at the rail and then assuming there are no other mechanical issues it should run. In your log have at look at all your sensors to see that everything is ok, ECT, IAT, MAP, TPS, MAF (if fitted) and forgot to ask have you got any DTCs showing up? The timing sounds about right for cranking and they do throw a shitload of fuel at them for the initial crank, it shouldn't be quite that much but it is possible with all the adders especially if you have a dud ECT or wiring issue you could be commanding that kind of AFR based on the OLFA and afterstart enrichment

no codes at all I am using a vz ute fuel tank and pump there seems to be plenty of fuel at the rail but have not measured it yet i am using old plugs though but it should still fire with them, the engine has not fired for approx 12 months will do a compresson check tomorrow

is it a 4L60e auto? If so you need to switch your tune to an auto. If you can find a file that is a 2000 SS auto then email me both files and i'll fix it up for you.

I know that the neutral starter switch can cause problems if you go from auto to man (you need to bridge the wire), but if you go from man to auto i haven't really heard of any problems (except on later vehicles that need the clutch depressed to start).
    I count sheep in hex...

chris thankyou for your reply I will attach my file for my car which is a 2000 vtss this has a cam and rockers and very hard shifting gear box but i can sofen the shifts up after the motor we are using is standard and the box is a 4l60e from a vz the engine is fireing on no 1 and 8 but looks like no fuel is gettting to the other cylinders

sounds like a very annoying wiring issue

its gonna be a case of getting a scope on the coil packs and the injectors i think.
    I count sheep in hex...

thanks for your help guys got it fired and running today ended up being 6 seized injectors