Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tuning Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

New Tuning Guide coming from Calibrated Success, Inc.

Now that my second book is done, I'm going to start putting together a basic guide for tuning the LSx engines using HPTuners. The final format will likely be some form of copy protected DVD that includes a mix of clear step by step instructions, screen shots, and maybe some videos.

The cost will be significantly less than the current "introductory course" options available today, and the content will be the same great Calibrated Success instruction so many have already raved about here. To make it even better, I'm also going to include some much needed injector values for some of the most popular options used today. No more guessing and blind groping in the dark, guys...

EDIT: The DVD is pretty much done. I've put together a shorter (less than half an hour) demo in low resolution for download. It will give you a taste of what's in the full boogie release, which was shot and editted completely in HD and ripped down to DVD quality. (If there's enough interest, I can generate BluRay copies for a little more.)

Here's the link to the low res demo...

I should have this done some time this summer. This DVD material will eventually become the prerequisite for my Advanced GM Tuning class so that I can free up time in that class to get even more in depth on things like "virtual VE" equations, proper ETC tuning, scaling to stay under the 512g/s MAF and injector limits and other more involved topics.

Tuner
    You've got my interest.
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Nice job Greg!

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Now that my second book is done, .....
    when will this be published? already have the june 07 version. do you have a table of contents available?
    01 SS Camaro, aps TT, 60# inj, SDOL, lonnies fuel system with return, AFPR, lots of bolt ons, no more money.

again please add me to the mail list once its out! [email protected]...

thanks

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    again please add me to the mail list once its out! ..

i assume amazon will carry it?? timeframe?

sidenote - also i read where u have injector settings for the 60# siemens. is that something u would be willing to pm me with? i think i have mine dialed in fairly well but then again.....!
    01 SS Camaro, aps TT, 60# inj, SDOL, lonnies fuel system with return, AFPR, lots of bolt ons, no more money.

The second book will be on Amazon just like the first one once it's out this fall. They already have it listed for presale if you search by author name.

The DVD will include injector data for a bunch of popular applications. I consider things like injector data or MAF and VE calibration practices so important that they've been a part of my basic training from the start. I don't make you wait/pay for "advanced" material just to see these fundamentals in action.

I just got a bunch of work done on the dyno yesterday for the DVD and I've got more in store. Progress is coming along nicely right now.

Tuner
    Waiting patiently, (well, I don't know about the patient part!)

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePerformance View Post
    Waiting patiently, (well, I don't know about the patient part!)
    Me too!

Advanced Tuner
    I just finished reading the first book. I am sure I will need to read it a couple more times for it to truly all sink in.

It was nice to read about tuning in a structured fashion from a tuning expert so you dont have to wonder if you are reading any misinformation mixed in with the facts.

cant wait for the second book & dvd's to be available

Greg any thoughts to doing training webinars ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner
    I can't wait either, just picked up your first book a couple weeks ago and have looked through the first 20 pages or so. I wish I had more time right now to read it but its definitely been very informative.
    2006 GTO CGM M6- Gone
    09 G8 GT- Black/Red
    06 TBSS (DD) Typical Bolt Ons
    Waiting To Go In
    - PCMforless LS1 E-fans and Trans Cooler l Powerbond Pulley l Circle D converter l

Other GMs in the Family
    07 C6 - Heads,Cam,Gears,Supercharged
    07 TBSS - Stock

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

i want one too! PM me when the DVD is ready !

Looking forward to the DVD. Thanks for tackling this project for us LS guys.

Tuner in Training
    Looking forward to the DVD. I have read the first book once and will read it again.
    1970 Corvette Convertible LS6 conversion with Keisler 5 speed and Steeroids.

I'm about 1/2 way through the book right now, it's helped 'connect some dots' already!

How much will be applicable/transfer over towards the Atlas engines, specifically the I5 and I6?
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by HawkZ28 View Post
    How much will be applicable/transfer over towards the Atlas engines, specifically the I5 and I6?
    Almost 100% of the DVD content will apply to the I4, I5/6, and V6 guys just as much as the V8 crew. The only missing parts will be due to HPT's spotty coverage of a handful of maps on specific applications. (i.e.: lack of access to short pulse adder and offsets on the 3800 files) The same tuning process works on all these engines when you're doing it right.

BTW, I took a couple days off from the DVD work this weekend to finish this before my upcoming advanced class:

click
    2001 Z06
    JCR fabbed Twin Turbo

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to read a lot on tuning, Bought your first book a few days ago. Half way through it now and will probably read it a few more times. I will be picking up the new one when it comes out, thanks alot

Here to Learn

Senior Tuner
    I just pre-ordered your new book, Greg.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I may have overlooked this but will the guide cover and FI tuning?
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost