Thread: 1998 2Bar SD with stock 1Bar Sensor

Tuner

1998 2Bar SD with stock 1Bar Sensor

I have been tuning a 1998 Camaro M6 with a 370ci engine and makes ~450 rwhp. The MAF Table frequency is running out before 6K rpms and looking to convert the OS to the HPT 2Bar SD. I read awhile back on LS1Tech that Magnus suggested that rescaling the MAP 5V Limit to 105kPa (instead of 210kPa) would work without replacing the stock MAP sensor. I tried this and the car runs really bad and stumbles over 1/2 throttle. Also, the VE table was dialed in with a WB Sensor and the values from 110-210 kPa were set to zero. Anyone else try this? Also, the 2BAR SD should have the MAF coded out and set the fail frequency to 0Hz anyway. The object was to eliminate the MAF and Secondary VE Table while maintaining the high and low octane tables.
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

Yes I am running my 98 T/A right now on the 2bar SD OS with the 1bar sensor. Here is my calibration so you may take a look at it and see exactly what the differences are from mine to yours.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

ok...I dont know where somebody thought that getting 2 bar out of a sensor that only reads one bar would work...
    you are best suited by setting the scaling to match stock
    which is 94.43 Linear and 10.33 offset respectfully If I remember correctly

then you go about tuning normal till you get to 105kpa...and then start winging it in the PE table..
    if he isnt going to buy the 2 bar sensor (which is a must on a 2 bar car) then he deserves how its going to run...which is going to be inconsistent
    and I think straight from GM the 2 bar sensor is less than $100 now...
    you can buy aftermarket ones from other people for less as well...
    no excuse for not having a 2 bar sensor on a 2 bar car
    -Scott -

^^That is the map scaling that I used above in the "Engine Diag" tab. And from my experience using it, it reads just like any 99-up 1bar SD enhancement does. I've never had any trouble going out of bounds on the map sensor. It's just a little bit of a headache having the VE table show up to 210 kpa when your physically only using half of the table.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    ^^That is the map scaling that I used above in the "Engine Diag" tab. And from my experience using it, it reads just like any 99-up 1bar SD enhancement does. I've never had any trouble going out of bounds on the map sensor. It's just a little bit of a headache having the VE table show up to 210 kpa when your physically only using half of the table.
    yeah...all you can do is go to 105 and then copy and paste the rest of the way up to 210....
    and then like I said...
    Wing it somewhere else..which usually ends up being PE table
    -Scott -