Thread: How to disable MAF?

Tuner

How to disable MAF?

So I have read CPigs writeup and it looks like setting the MAF fail freq to 0 disables the MAF and sends the vehicle into SD mode...it does come with a note of pessismism. I cut the wires on my 04 Vette but have no desire to do this to my 05 Avalanche or 08 Vette. Can anyone confirm a way to definitely send the two vehicles into SD mode Thanks.

Jim
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

unplug the MAF, set the DTC to fail on first, no SES
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner
    Can you tell me if the IAT wires are included in the MAF plug? IF that is the case then I can't just unplug the MAF. On my 04, the IAT wires were on the MAF plug which means I had to cut/disconnect only the MAF wires. Thanks.

Jim
    2008 Machine Silver Corvette Vert MN6

Senior Tuner
    Pull the MAF wires out of the PCM connector then...just tape them back into the harness inside the protective wire loom, then it will still look like everything is normal...and you can leave the wires for the IAT portion of the sensor connected.

You need to keep the MAF plugged up. Just set the fail frequency to zero and see if you get the P0103 code. If you do, you are good to go.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    You need to keep the MAF plugged up. Just set the fail frequency to zero and see if you get the P0103 code. If you do, you are good to go.
    dont forget..that if you want to get rid of the SES you can uncheck the SES in the DTC page...but leave it set to mil on first error....
    if you set it to 3-no error reported it wont even run...
    -Scott -