Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help getting started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    They are directly related. The default config is just that, the default. From there YOU can configure it any way you want.
    Well what threw me for a loop is that EC Tune said 'start at default metric configurations' when most of the values are standard, ie g/sec, lb/hr, etc. Why do I need metric and not standard? Since we've gone on for a while and the original response I got was "Start with the Default Metric configuration and add MAF Hz to the Table to make sure all the MAF vs. xxx histograms work correctly, " and no one has refuted him, let's assume this is the process I want to take. How do I add Hz and what histograms do I need to look at to verify everything is correct (he said 'MAF vs xxx'?). Once I look at those histograms, what values are correct? and what values should I not exceed?

And for liability purposes we really cannot tell you how to tune,
    I don't understand. If I do not file my taxes correctly and get busted for tax evasion, Intuit (owner of Quick Books) is not liable. That just seems backwards to me. If you give me a hand grenade with no instruction and at some point the pin gets pulled (intentional or accidental), it seems that you WOULD be liable since I wasn't given instruction.

that is what the forum & companies that offer tuning training is for, to ask questions about how to tune.
    Are we on the same page here? I thougtht that's what this forum was for and I thought that's what I was doing when I started the thread. First sentance said that I'm new followed by my situation and my request. First responce was way over a rookie's head, and it's been going down hill for 2 months. I mean downhill in relation to a relivent solution.

Theres a step by step how to do speed density/maf tuning in our help file under the how to's section.
    I've seen that, but it is MAF tuning with a wideband. I know that if I continue using this program, I will need a wideband, but until I get an understanding of what I can do with this program, I'm not going to invest anymore on it. Cpig's instructions had a chapter for narrow band, but his instructions must've been written for an earlier version of HPT.

I learned more by just toying around with the software than from reading how-to's, books or otherwise so thats the direction I'd point you in if you are struggling in finding a step by step for your specific application.
    Well, everyone learns differently. I've learned alot from toying with the program, that's how I got the VATS removed, speedo calibrated, etc. But can toying with the program teach me how to make adjustments. I understand that there are tons of parameters that I can adjust in this program. I don't care if I mess up from time to time, all I want is some direction. I learned along time ago, when movement is made, direction is more important than speed.

Seriously Bill, thanks for spending the time with me and I hope I'm not coming across like an ass or anything. I hope you understand that I'm just frustrated with the situation and not at you or anyone personally.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Well what threw me for a loop is that EC Tune said 'start at default metric configurations' when most of the values are standard, ie g/sec, lb/hr, etc. Why do I need metric and not standard? Since we've gone on for a while and the original response I got was "Start with the Default Metric configuration and add MAF Hz to the Table to make sure all the MAF vs. xxx histograms work correctly, " and no one has refuted him, let's assume this is the process I want to take. How do I add Hz and what histograms do I need to look at to verify everything is correct (he said 'MAF vs xxx'?). Once I look at those histograms, what values are correct? and what values should I not exceed?
    All the values in the histograms are going to be coming directly from your vehicles sensors so they should be correct unless the sensor is reading correctly. Use metric, use imperial, its up to you and what you're comfortable with. You can also change individual PID's to read any way you want. Again its only a starting point.

I've seen that, but it is MAF tuning with a wideband. I know that if I continue using this program, I will need a wideband, but until I get an understanding of what I can do with this program, I'm not going to invest anymore on it. Cpig's instructions had a chapter for narrow band, but his instructions must've been written for an earlier version of HPT.
    To use narrowbands you just use the pre defined histograms to apply towards your VE table. Some people use STFT's some use LTFT's, who is right? I'm not sure. Thats why I try to use a wideband since I know I trust it over narrowbands.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

All the values in the histograms are going to be coming directly from your vehicles sensors so they should be correct unless the sensor is reading correctly.
    Yes, I understand that. I understand what the scanner is doing, but I don't understand the information it gives me. For example, I spent most of the day today trying to go through Cpig's guide (since it's the only direction I've found that I can mostly understand) again.... twice... but I wasn't able to get past page 6, of 26. Actually, I did it 3 times, but even though I made point of saving (because he says if you don't save before you cut it off, it won't save), but when I went to reopen, all my info was gone. I promise, I'm not an idiot. I know how to save and reopen a file. See my first post.

Anyway, of the 2 successful runs I made (those didn't save either... but I was able to get the info before I shut down the computer), all of the hits in all of the histogram fields were 0.0, except for the "C" (count) field. I think I understand what that means, but I don't know what I can do with 300+ counts in a given cell, but the average of all of the hits is 0.0 .

Use metric, use imperial, its up to you and what you're comfortable with.
    I understand that too, but he made a point of saying metric. I didn't know if he was going to then review my info and say something like, "add 3ccs to this field" or if metric was the standard among the forum members and if I came back with standard, I wouldn't be talking to the masses, therefore reducing my chance of a helpful reply.

You can also change individual PID's to read any way you want.
    That's the problem. I don't know enough about this program to know what I want. I know I can understand it, but I've gotten very little from the stickies and the help file. The stickies are too basic for me and the help file is too advanced (mainly in the vocabulary).

Again its only a starting point.
    Seriously, bro. I really mean this in the politest way possible.... no it's not a starting point, at least not for someone who doesn't know the lingo. Every time I go through the help file to find out the meaning of a word, there is another word in the definition that I need to look up. Well, after I do that 3 or 4 times, I've forgotten what the 1st word I was trying to look up was to begin with.

Please, in plain English. Answer these questions: How do I add Hz and what histograms do I need to look at to verify everything is correct (he said 'MAF vs xxx'?). Once I look at those histograms, what values are correct? and what values should I not exceed?

To use narrowbands you just use the pre defined histograms to apply towards your VE table.
    Where can I find the pre-defined histograms?

Some people use STFT's some use LTFT's, who is right? I'm not sure. Thats why I try to use a wideband since I know I trust it over narrowbands.
    I don't care if I use STFT or LTFT, I just want to use this program for what I bought it for. I'll use either. Where can I find directions?

I went ahead and bought a wideband. It should be here shortly. I don't know what I'm going to do with it when it shows up.... I mean, I know what a wideband does and I know what to do with the info it gives me, I just don't know how to implement those numbers into this program.

And I know I'm not the only one either. I've had 4 or 5 members PM me saying they're in the same boat and that they would pass on helpful info if I would do the same. I've had some pass on info that wasn't very helpful, I've had some want to sell me info, and I've even had a guy ask for my #, then he called me. He was very nice and I thought he helped me understand the program better, until today when I got a chance to implement it. I mean, really, how hard would it be to have a 'getting started' guide that covered simple tuning, like:

How to I dial in my MAF?
    I'm running lean over 4000RPMs; where do I go to enrichen?
    What are some basic steps to dial in an aftermarket cam?
    Where do I go to compensate for larger injectors?

I understand that tuning for forced induction or something would be better suited for a more experienced or even a professional tuner. I don't need anyone to hold my had through that. I believe if I had the basics, I could eventually learn all that, but right now, I just want to get started.

Tuner in Training
    I agree with you Eat-Pez. A lot of things I read people say "which ever way you choose" or "whatever you feel comfortable with" etc...

I'm not even sure of the choices to choose a way, and I'm not comfortable with anything..haha

I've turned off some check engine lights...whoopty doo..hah
    -Matt
    2002 Camaro Z28
    11.100 @ 120mph

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat-Pez View Post
    Yes, I understand that. I understand what the scanner is doing, but I don't understand the information it gives me. For example, I spent most of the day today trying to go through Cpig's guide (since it's the only direction I've found that I can mostly understand) again.... twice... but I wasn't able to get past page 6, of 26. Actually, I did it 3 times, but even though I made point of saving (because he says if you don't save before you cut it off, it won't save), but when I went to reopen, all my info was gone. I promise, I'm not an idiot. I know how to save and reopen a file. See my first post.

Anyway, of the 2 successful runs I made (those didn't save either... but I was able to get the info before I shut down the computer), all of the hits in all of the histogram fields were 0.0, except for the "C" (count) field. I think I understand what that means, but I don't know what I can do with 300+ counts in a given cell, but the average of all of the hits is 0.0 .

I understand that too, but he made a point of saying metric. I didn't know if he was going to then review my info and say something like, "add 3ccs to this field" or if metric was the standard among the forum members and if I came back with standard, I wouldn't be talking to the masses, therefore reducing my chance of a helpful reply.

That's the problem. I don't know enough about this program to know what I want. I know I can understand it, but I've gotten very little from the stickies and the help file. The stickies are too basic for me and the help file is too advanced (mainly in the vocabulary).

Seriously, bro. I really mean this in the politest way possible.... no it's not a starting point, at least not for someone who doesn't know the lingo. Every time I go through the help file to find out the meaning of a word, there is another word in the definition that I need to look up. Well, after I do that 3 or 4 times, I've forgotten what the 1st word I was trying to look up was to begin with.

Please, in plain English. Answer these questions: How do I add Hz and what histograms do I need to look at to verify everything is correct (he said 'MAF vs xxx'?). Once I look at those histograms, what values are correct? and what values should I not exceed?

Where can I find the pre-defined histograms?

I don't care if I use STFT or LTFT, I just want to use this program for what I bought it for. I'll use either. Where can I find directions?

I went ahead and bought a wideband. It should be here shortly. I don't know what I'm going to do with it when it shows up.... I mean, I know what a wideband does and I know what to do with the info it gives me, I just don't know how to implement those numbers into this program.

And I know I'm not the only one either. I've had 4 or 5 members PM me saying they're in the same boat and that they would pass on helpful info if I would do the same. I've had some pass on info that wasn't very helpful, I've had some want to sell me info, and I've even had a guy ask for my #, then he called me. He was very nice and I thought he helped me understand the program better, until today when I got a chance to implement it. I mean, really, how hard would it be to have a 'getting started' guide that covered simple tuning, like:

How to I dial in my MAF?
    I'm running lean over 4000RPMs; where do I go to enrichen?
    What are some basic steps to dial in an aftermarket cam?
    Where do I go to compensate for larger injectors?

I understand that tuning for forced induction or something would be better suited for a more experienced or even a professional tuner. I don't need anyone to hold my had through that. I believe if I had the basics, I could eventually learn all that, but right now, I just want to get started.
    I understand how you feel 100% I have not learned that much but will help you with a few things that you are asking about that I can help with

here is a link to the popular acronyms used to help know wtf people are saying:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9552

pre configured histograms :

open your histogram viewer and all the way left way up top click on the picture of a file folder - they are in there

all numbers in your histograms at 0.00:

right click on your histogram and press load data , if all your data is still zeros what is the histo setup for ? and do you know to press the "+" sign to get max values to appear?

it would be nice if the forum were somehow setup like the tuner itself with the view feature :basic ,standard, and advanced with all the information like stickys ,demo's ,help files categorized into those areas

a series of videos with progressive learning at a reasonable price ( not equal to the price of the scanner/tuner ) would be an incredibly valuable tool , especially if they could be rented and turned in to rent to the next person when you step up to the next more advanced video

the best most precise tool in the world that you dont know how to use is a shame to be used as a hammer
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    it would be nice if the forum were somehow setup like the tuner itself with the view feature :basic ,standard, and advanced with all the information like stickys ,demo's ,help files categorized into those areas

a series of videos with progressive learning at a reasonable price ( not equal to the price of the scanner/tuner ) would be an incredibly valuable tool , especially if they could be rented and turned in to rent to the next person when you step up to the next more advanced video

the best most precise tool in the world that you dont know how to use is a shame to be used as a hammer

Another good post, but I'm willing to best that won't happen......and I just cant spend $450 for a book, or $650 for a class + plane tickets, hotel, etc..
    -Matt
    2002 Camaro Z28
    11.100 @ 120mph

pre configured histograms :

open your histogram viewer and all the way left way up top click on the picture of a file folder - they are in there
    Holy crap, dude. Thanks a ton. For the last 2 months I thought that the scanner saved configs. Then, last night I learned that it could also save LOGS. Of course, this option isn't found in the FILE tab, like any other Windows program is. And now I find out that it can also save and reopen Histograms.

But that raises a new question. What exactly is a Config file? Is it a collection of histograms? Neither of these terms are covered in the definitions list you posted

all numbers in your histograms at 0.00:

right click on your histogram and press load data , if all your data is still zeros what is the histo setup for ?
    Well, I tried Cpigs instructions, then I found and tried EC Tune's instructions found here. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16861 post #4. I loaded the MAF!LTFT.cfg file that EC Tune posted and was monitoring MAF vs RPM (as stated in Cpig's insts, and also STFT filt 5% as instructed by EC Tune. That is set for [SENS.121]>14.6).

and do you know to press the "+" sign to get max values to appear?
    Well, I do now. In the program, it says "Max Value", which confused me. If I'm looking at a table with 100 fields, which value do I want the max of? But when you say, "Max Values", I'm assuming it will show the maximum values of the hits in all the fields, which makes more sence.

Hell, I would be happy with 'basic'.

That would be nice too, but all I really need is a manual. I recently did this LM7 swap in my Astro. I didn't have a single person to ask questions to because over on the Astro forums, no one has ever put a GenIII motor in an Astro before. Everyone is doing SBC, TPI, and mostly TBIs and Vortecs. My learning curve was REAL big because the dimentions of this motor are different than other V8s... just enough to make it a PITA.

My point is that I had no one to ask questions, no pictures to look at, not even a forum like this one to reference, but my swap now has about 10k miles of trouble free operation, and all I had was the van's Factory Service MANUAL and the pinouts for the LM7's PCM.

To use narrowbands you just use the pre defined histograms to apply towards your VE table.
    Ok, now that I know how to find these histograms, which ones do I use? There are quite a few related to VE, and quite a few more that aren't, but I'm sure there's some way I can use them to tune for VE.

Which ones do I use and what do I do with the information when I collect it?
    Last edited by Eat-Pez; 01-12-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I dont have the knowledge yet to answer your additional questions, but Ill be watching for the answers !!
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    I'm waiting on my new cable to get here, I'll be giving this a shot. I read through the everything that I could find and applied it where I could without actually doing trial and error with the tune and doing data logging.

Anyone know which wire to tap into to log off of the egr plug? I got it tapped into the black wire right now, just trying to confirm it.

Advanced Tuner
    http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/

Click on injector setup(IFR) on the right to compensate for larger injectors. Its an excel spreadsheet. I know probably just as much as you at this point. I'm getting ready to dive into this when my interface gets here. I followed as many steps for the SD setup as I could until I get my interface.

From what I understand, you can make it so you can log your wideband with supplied pins. I may be wrong on that, but I know you can log it this way: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...light=lc-1+egr

Hopefully we can all SHARE info. I'm like you, I just need to be seen or told how to do it once, and I'm good. I'll be following this, so keep me updated and I'll be doing the same. It will just take me a bit longer until my interface gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    I'm waiting on my new cable to get here, I'll be giving this a shot. I read through the everything that I could find and applied it where I could without actually doing trial and error with the tune and doing data logging.

Anyone know which wire to tap into to log off of the egr plug? I got it tapped into the black wire right now, just trying to confirm it.

Get the PRO version, you get black box logging and a REAL wideband input. There are issues with sharing logs containing WB data through the EGR's input that are beyond the scope of this post.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I have used dozens and dozens of engineering/developement applications and I have *NEVER* had one of them come with a manual that went step-by-step for any specific application.

I wrote small embedded controls software for a while and later motion, robotics, etc. I NEVER had a manual that showed me what code or even what approach to use for my specific projects. There is example code (just as there are example files in the repository) with all of the warez, but that's all that there can realistically be. A more common example would be Solid Works, it's help doesn't tell me how to design a specific part or product or all of the steps involved in an order either. Even if they did have specifics, you still would need to know the hardware through and through. Most people don't understand exactly *what* the IAC does, for example, or how it is controlled (along with a host of other IO) and at some point, we have to educate ourselves. Those other warez mentioned cost much much more than HPT as well.

EVERYONE reading this forum started in the same place (though control theory and an electronics background help!) . I read night and day for MONTHS before doing any tuning, and continued to for the first solid year.

We ALL have to pay our dues to play; there is no easy way through it because you need to understand how all of it works rather than checking off a list in steps that someone else made up. Even if there were such a list of things to do, if you aren't learning it then it's not much different from simply paying someone else to tune in the end.

I will re-read your posts and see if there is anything specific that you have asked that has not been addressed here. Best of luck!
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Get the PRO version, you get black box logging and a REAL wideband input. There are issues with sharing logs containing WB data through the EGR's input that are beyond the scope of this post.
    I'm waiting on it to get here! You just hook up up to the corresponding EIO pin with the .5v wire from the wideband correct?

I have used dozens and dozens of engineering/developement applications and I have *NEVER* had one of them come with a manual that went step-by-step for any specific application.
    I understand that and I'm not looking for step-by-step instructions for a specific application, I'm looking for a basic instruction manual that should have came with the software. Your development applications had that, didn't they?

All I'm looking for is basic steps to dial in a MAF. I've asked some specific questions in this thread that everyone seems to be avoiding. Hell, the only manual anyone has recommended to me costs as much as the program.

I wrote small embedded controls software for a while and later motion, robotics, etc. I NEVER had a manual that showed me what code or even what approach to use for my specific projects. ... Those other warez mentioned cost much much more than HPT as well.
    And I've built dozens of harnesses for engine swaps and never had anyone hold my hand. But I did have the donor and donee vehicle's factory service manuals. I worked my way through college as a professional guitar player and was 100% self taught, the only instruction I got was from a "1001 Chords" book my dad bought me when I was in high school and magazines I bought along the way.

EVERYONE reading this forum started in the same place (though control theory and an electronics background help!) . I read night and day for MONTHS before doing any tuning, and continued to for the first solid year.
    Ok, then where do I start. I know I could read this forum for years, but since I've got a veteran here, can you tell me a good place to start? I mean, I would like the opportunity not to spin my wheels on useless threads that you may have ran across. Any place I can look for helpful info written in a language I can understand? I'm sure there are things that I excel in that you would like to learn.... I would do the same for you if the tables were turned.

Even if there were such a list of things to do, if you aren't learning it then it's not much different from simply paying someone else to tune in the end.
    Not really. That's how I learn best. When I have a manual or someone show me the basic steps to do something, I can learn the basic steps, learn the theory behind each step, then apply that to my given situation. I'm sure you know what I mean. I could tell you the steps to do something and after you followed those steps a time or two, there would be a Eureka moment and you would go, "OOOOOOOOO, that's why I've been doing it this way"

I will re-read your posts and see if there is anything specific that you have asked that has not been addressed here. Best of luck!
    Thanks man. Here are the cliffs:

00 LM7 using an LS1 intake and 04 LM7 MAF (5 wire)
    1st gear it surges some and fuel economy is bad.
    So far, I've copied the VE table from an 04 LM7 into my program and that helped the surging some
    Last night, I lowered the whole VE table by about 7% and it seem to help the engine smoothness.... but that was just a shot in the dark. I really don't know what I did.

That's about it. ET Tune wrote instructions on how to dial in a MAF, but they don't work for me. See the other thread in this section about "hesitation problem"

ET Tune also told me in this thread that I needed to start at the default and add Hz until it straitens out. I can do that, but I would like to double check my work with the scanner. I can add Hz all day long and twice on Sunday, but how do I know when I'm good? How do I know if I haven't gone too far?

I really do appreciate the any help you can give. I'm really not trying to be an jerk or anything, but I seem to have ran off Bill and EC Tune, the only other veterans who have posted in this thread.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not really. That's how I learn best. When I have a manual or someone show me the basic steps to do something, I can learn the basic steps, learn the theory behind each step, then apply that to my given situation. I'm sure you know what I mean. I could tell you the steps to do something and after you followed those steps a time or two, there would be a Eureka moment and you would go, "OOOOOOOOO, that's why I've been doing it this way"
    For me, that eureka moment came about 2-3 months after I first received it in the mail and about 2-3 months of constant reading & toying with the software. There were no guides, no real stickies, no demo's, not much of anything other than a few guys that had used ls1 edit & then switched to hptuners that I picked their brains when I had questions. Custom histograms & "dialing in a maf" weren't really even possible at the time without using excel and having a lot of knowledge about that program. Now you've got preconfigured histograms to map maf afr error already made up for you.

I'm sure you didn't learn to play the guitar without practicing for several hours a day for at least weeks, possibly months...nothing different here.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Now you've got preconfigured histograms to map maf afr error already made up for you.
    Ok. The MAF tuning guides I've tried say use a custom config. How do I use this MAF AFR Error histo?

I'm sure you didn't learn to play the guitar without practicing for several hours a day for at least weeks, possibly months... nothing different here.
    Years, but I understand that 100%. I'm not asking for anyone to hold my hand from noob to mastery, all I want is to tune a stock engine to use a different, but stock, sensor. That's it. I thought I had that with the 2 guides that I've already mentioned, but neither worked. I posted my log and screenshots of my problem in EC Tunes' thread 3 days ago, but haven't gotten a responce.

You also mentioned in one of your stickies to find a mentor. I've PMed 2 people kind of close to me who seem to know what they're talking about. I even attempted to bribe them with steaks and beer, but both said, 'thanks, but no thanks'. That doesn't mean I'm giving up, but that coupled with the lack of responce I've gotten in the threads that I've particiated in, isn't very encouraging.

You told me 2 weeks ago that this forum is ment to take the place of a manual and this is where I should seek help. Well, almost 11 weeks after I started this thread, the only help I've gotten is people telling me that I need to learn more. I know I need to learn more, that's why I'm here and that's why I'm asking a question. Where I come from, you ask an honest question, you get an honest answer.

...nothing different here.
    No, there is something different. I had a manual and the guys at the local music store were patient enough with a pimple faced, high school, wanna-be to answer my questions. They knew I had no money, no job, and there was nothing I could actually offer them, but they didn't mind showing me a lick or two.

Maybe I've got it all wrong. Maybe dialing in a MAF is a super advanced techinque that I shouldn't attempt without professional supervision. If so, I'll start somewhere else. I just want to do something productive with this program. I've got 2 other cars with much more engine work that I would love to tune. If there are simpler tuning proceedures that may be better suited for a rookie, then I'll start somewhere else. 1 car has an LS1 with small cam and full exhaust. Other is 4.3l vortec with big cam, headwork, intake work, forged pistons, 150 shot, and full exhaust.

If this is something that isn't too hard for a noob to understand, then please, just give me a few steps, and I'll be on my way.
    Last edited by Eat-Pez; 01-13-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Greg,

"Master EFI Tuner - Learn How To Tune EFI" by Dan Maslic is what you want I think.

http://www.masportspeedshop.com/serv...-tuning/Detail

That goes through everything from basic definition through case studies of general tunes, it's universal, but it's pretty heavily based around the LSx and HP Tuners. It's made a lot of the complicated things MUCH more understandable for me.

I'd lend you my copy but I'm still about a month or two from completely understanding and absorbing it all, as I'm still tuning out my turbo car.

-Blake
    1988 Mazda RX7 TII - Forged 347" LS1/2004r/3600 stall/Stage III Heads/Cheatr Cam/Precision 76GTS/E85/HP Tuners 3 BAR OS

Thanks man. I did order

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193...pf_rd_i=507846

but it hasn't showed up yet. I'll see what I can get from it before I start buying other books, mainly because I'm sure there are differences in tuning styles between authors. I've been caught up between 2 teachers before when I was getting my private instrument rating and boy was that a headache. One teacher was telling me the other one was wrong and visa versa.....

No one has recommended anything except for the $450 book and unless that book has info in there that is government classified, I'll save it for last. If you would've caught up with me before I ordered this one, I would've gotten the one you recommended.

Not to jack my own thread, but did you see the vid of the 4.3 car? We're hoping to take it down the road this weekend. Link is in the build threads.

Advanced Tuner

No one has recommended anything except for the $450 book and unless that book has info in there that is government classified, I'll save it for last.

http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem.../dp/1932494421

^that book is $17 , written by a forum member on here , and is highly spoken of , its the first one i will get as soon as I am off financial lockdown ( temp layoff through feb. )

Now you've got preconfigured histograms to map maf afr error already made up for you.
    Ok, I found the MAF AFR Error, but when I load it, it just says, "This Histogram is not supported with the current loaded parameters."

Why me?