Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keep tcc locked in 4th

ttt. will keep this up until we have some idea

I know that Cablebandit on tech had his staying locked until he had to switch to EFIL for something and lost it with the OS 'upgrade'...

so is it a special OS that we are searching for? It would seem that since it can be commanded from the scanner and it'll hold properly, and the trans indicates that it is responding to a control input, that there *must* be some sort of software solution for this behavior....
    Last edited by Frost; 11-05-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I believe its something to do with the OS, i just cant get a confirmation...thats my hunch though. Ive talked to people with some 2500's and such with the 4l80 and their trans actually responds correctly to the table values.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

I know that Cablebandit on tech had his staying locked until he had to switch to EFIL for something and lost it with the OS 'upgrade'...

so is it a special OS that we are searching for? It would seem that since it can be commanded from the scanner and it'll hold properly, and the trans indicates that it is responding to a control input, that there *must* be some sort of software solution for this behavior....

Last edited by Frost; 11-05-2008 at 09:02 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Somebody at HPT needs to field this question.
    Last edited by Frost; 11-05-2008 at 09:03 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I wont name names here but I have been told by a tuning shop that swapping OS's using efilive will allow the TC to stay locked when you let off the gas. It will also allow the TC to lock at WOT.

So we need HPT to allow for OS swapping and also need to figure out which OS is the magic OS

ttt...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by 262 View Post
    I wont name names here but I have been told by a tuning shop that swapping OS's using efilive will allow the TC to stay locked when you let off the gas. It will also allow the TC to lock at WOT.

So we need HPT to allow for OS swapping and also need to figure out which OS is the magic OS
    Oooh! Dont tease me! Seriously though, If EFIL can do it, then...well dang..HPT is so much better. How about a company merger so we get what we need and dont have to go to any other tuning people? :-P

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can swap to any operating system that is valid for your vin according to GM. I think the major problem you'll face is that there could be dozen's of versions of the same operating system so finding one that will work properly with your application is the hard part.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Oh drat. That'd use up licenses too if we were to try, correct? Maybe we should start a repository for OS's? lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah, unless you have the year/model license.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah, unless you have the year/model license.
    Oh well thats not too terribly bad; im not far off from that. I would still have to find out which 4L80E calibration from 2002 is the right kind we're looking for. You're right Bill, there are a lot of asterisks in this plan, but for me its worth digging through. When you have passengers wondering what that periodic 'thunk' is, and/or why they hear the engine change tone you know something is retarded. Plus, like Ive mentioned; ATF temps ^

Can we get some VCM Suite Info here so we know WHICH operating system(s) work & which ones don't. It *could* also be in the trans file itself so it might not be strictly OS dependant.

Kind of like THIS:

Type: Chevy Silverado (V8) 2004
    VIN: 2GCEK19T641xxxxx <--- Supply VIN if you can. This is just one I had on my desktop
    VCM ID: 0LA027GL3205
    BCC: YFKD
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 12585950
    ECM Seg 2 ID: 12586048
    ECM Seg 3 ID: 12586207
    ECM Seg 4 ID: 12586700
    ECM Seg 5 ID: 12578787
    ECM Seg 6 ID: 12578797
    ECM Seg 7 ID: 12585937
    ECM Seg 8 ID: 0
    ECM Seed: 5B5C
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS View Post
    The 65E in my SS unlocks on decel too. I tried turing the duty cycle up to 100, set all lock speeds the same down to 0%, and nothing has worked. When I used to tune my old '86 Trans Am, GMECMEdit had a parameter called "TCC Coast Delay" or something like that and I could tell the ECU how long to wait on coast before it would release... It was worth 4 MPG on that car to force it to hold lockup. Can't believe the newer PCM wouldn't have something like that in there, very frustrating. I almost want to put a manual switch/relay to lock it when I want.
    There's a LOT of transmission parameters that we do not have access to on the GM stuff. In my SCT Ford software we have basically everything. Speaking of, what you speak of on the "TCC Coast Delay", there is a very similar set of parameters that Ford has that controls this, as well. Thankfully, with SCT, I have access to them.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Can we get some VCM Suite Info here so we know WHICH operating system(s) work & which ones don't. It *could* also be in the trans file itself so it might not be strictly OS dependant.

Kind of like THIS:

Type: Chevy Silverado (V8) 2004
    VIN: 2GCEK19T641xxxxx <--- Supply VIN if you can. This is just one I had on my desktop
    VCM ID: 0LA027GL3205
    BCC: YFKD
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 12585950
    ECM Seg 2 ID: 12586048
    ECM Seg 3 ID: 12586207
    ECM Seg 4 ID: 12586700
    ECM Seg 5 ID: 12578787
    ECM Seg 6 ID: 12578797
    ECM Seg 7 ID: 12585937
    ECM Seg 8 ID: 0
    ECM Seed: 5B5C

Doug,

Where do I get this info from with HPT's software.... I mean, I know where some of it is but not the segment IDs or the Seed.
    Last edited by Frost; 05-03-2009 at 01:54 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

doh!

Thanks Bill
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just to let you know our software designer is working on integrating that information right into the .hpt file as well.

-Bill

YAAAYYYY!!!!! It's been missing since 1.7... LOL
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but was there ever a fix to this?

Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but was there ever a fix to this?
    I haven't caught sight of one yet. Still got my fingers crossed though! Would certainly like to reduce clutch wear & fluid temp as much as I can. Dang thing runs about 165/170 degrees when you're balls to the wall. Infact, through my testing it runs about 160 or so tops (COOLER!) when you just "256-out" your lockup table. Ive tested that multiple times just going down the highway on a 25 mile or so drive and just keep letting off the gas and easing back in to it to lock it back up. This is with tcc PWM slip down to an absolute minimum.