Thread: Help asap with a 2005 CTS-V

Help asap with a 2005 CTS-V

Hi , I have some major problem with a CTS-V 2005 that I'm try to tune. The first time I have read the VCM and apply the 2 credits to tune it. I do a tune and put it in the car. The second time I put the tuning in the car, I have some difficulty. The car cut the pcm voltage to 0.1 and the hp tuner stop at the writing procedure. after about 30 min of trying, I have success.

But I test the car and I'm not satisfied(little ping)

I try another time to program it. But not success The car tell : Impossible start remove the key) And my Hp tuner don't want to go any further. I have try a VATS relink, cause the VIN number now are: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and the BCC number are : yyyy too. After the VATS relink, The vin are ok but the BCC number stay at :yyyy

And when I want write my tune the hp tuner ask me again to install another 2 credits.

I do also a read entire, and when I got to read the file the message appears that this tune are locked.

I need help. I never experienced this kind of problem before with 2 corvette z06 (2006 and 2008) and one s-10 2001.

Sébastien
    '08 Black Z06
    PCM Tuned, LG super RAM, AR Headers, Hoosier DR2 295-55-15, MSD Atomic air force intake, Iceman 7.0 cam

Best N/A E.T. : 8.836
    Best N/A Mp/h : 159.75
    DA for this pass: 0'

2006 Cts-v

EVERY time I program a 2006 CTSV I have to do a complete re-write.
    But first you need to put in the VIN. GM shipped this things with NO VIN in the PCM. Put in the VIN, then you need to do a COMPLETE RE-WRITE every time you program the pcm. First time this happened It was dead in my driveway for about a day while I had a heart attack trying to figure out how I was going to explain why it needed to be towed in...
    The guys at HP Tuners told me it's a problem with the GM programming.
    Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sébast19X View Post
    Hi , I have some major problem with a CTS-V 2005 that I'm try to tune. The first time I have read the VCM and apply the 2 credits to tune it. I do a tune and put it in the car. The second time I put the tuning in the car, I have some difficulty. The car cut the pcm voltage to 0.1 and the hp tuner stop at the writing procedure. after about 30 min of trying, I have success.

But I test the car and I'm not satisfied(little ping)

I try another time to program it. But not success The car tell : Impossible start remove the key) And my Hp tuner don't want to go any further. I have try a VATS relink, cause the VIN number now are: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and the BCC number are : yyyy too. After the VATS relink, The vin are ok but the BCC number stay at :yyyy

And when I want write my tune the hp tuner ask me again to install another 2 credits.

I do also a read entire, and when I got to read the file the message appears that this tune are locked.

I need help. I never experienced this kind of problem before with 2 corvette z06 (2006 and 2008) and one s-10 2001.

Sébastien
    For whatever reason the CTS-V's lose their VIN's in the PCM. Just make sure you go Key Off for 30 seconds before starting the car.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I do a read entire, keep the key on, make my changes, and with the key on, do a write entire.