Thread: 120% IDC on stock injectors (24lbs) what would 30lbs give me?

120% IDC on stock injectors (24lbs) what would 30lbs give me?

Well I was kinda surprised after my header install. With my Comp 212-218 cam, intake and tuning my IDCs where fine, AFR read smooth all along the dyno run and scanner log...

As soon as I installed some headers onto the ol' 5.3, IDCs were in the 120% range! above 5000rpm it leans out to 14.7... ive just bought some 8.1 truck injectors, wondering what kinda IDCs id see?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Much much better... What kind of fuel are you running?
    Always Support Our Troops!

Senior Tuner
    What AFR are you commanding and seeing? I have the same cam, along with intake and LT headers on my 6.0L (same size injectors as 5.3L) and I see about 89% duty cycle. I can't imagine you have run out of injector yet. Post a log showing the IDC at 120%.

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Much much better... What kind of fuel are you running?
    yeah i can't wait for them to ship over to me... fuel is 95oct or so.. I'm not too sure what our fuel is classed as, mon or ron.. talked to the company that produces fuel here and they couldn't even give me an answer!!

http://www.knpc.com/knpc/product_oils.html

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    What AFR are you commanding and seeing? I have the same cam, along with intake and LT headers on my 6.0L (same size injectors as 5.3L) and I see about 89% duty cycle. I can't imagine you have run out of injector yet. Post a log showing the IDC at 120%.
    Here's a couple logs.. the first one is from the dyno with the WB installed but was running in open loop so the O2 sensors don't mean anything here....

The other log is what I've just taken now, without the WB though... but it shows the IDC%...

Hope this helps

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram