Thread: trying to start a tune questions

Tuner in Training

trying to start a tune questions

Ok. So im not new to the scene or anything, but I do have a few questions. Normally I take someone else's tune and run mine from there and tweak it. This time I want to start from scratch. I know that first you need to scan, but what all should be scanned? The fuel trims i know, mph, rpm, tps, map...then what?
    Also I know that you are trying to dial in the LTFTs/STFTs to about zero or negative, and add as much spark as possible within a few degrees before knock occurs. What else?

idle airflow. trans adjusted for gears/converter, injector cal if not stock injectors, knock sensor sensitivity, optimise torque managemet. That's the short list.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    i have the trans dialed in, so that isnt the prob. i want to look at the engine tuning. right now it is all stock except for the CAI, lower T stat (fans already adjusted). but i want to see what might be possible to tune over the stock programming. i have bumped the spark up some, but have not messed with anything else.

TQ management is at zero on everything, so that isnt a big deal either

You can get 10+ RWHP out of a tune alone. I've seen as high as 40 on an LS7 Z06.

Tuner in Training
    so scan those and then post in the appropriate section for it? then take recommendations and go from there...i have tried to get the histogram thing, but its a little confusing

You don't HAVE to create your own configs & histograms. There is a Config & Histogram repository at the top of the GEN III & GEN IV tuning sections.

Tuner in Training
    no i mean tuning from them, not creating them...but i do have probs with both

Tuner
    With just a cai installed, I would think the first thing to do would be make sure the maf/airflow has been calibrated since now there is, (or should be if the cai is worth it), more air flow.