Thread: After several attempts....

Tuner in Training

After several attempts....

I have run my LC1 behind my new Racetronix 42lb Lucas injectors and I keep a rich condition in the low/decel cells. I used EC Tunes scaling and offset values found here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...96&postcount=2

Attached are a log and my current tune from last night. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

J

Thanks for all your help with this EC!

You're logging too many items for a 98 in Open Loop SD mode so your LTFT's & STFT's are reading -100%.

Reduce the number of unnecesary items:
    1 injector pulse width is enough for VE tuning
    If you have LTFT's & STFT's turned off, delete them from the cfg.
    Burst KR is 2 bits as well.
    You don't HAVE to have AFR Error% in the table view either it gets calculated for the histograms anyway.
    Also lose the MAF (SAE) g/sec as well since you're in SD mode anyway and it's screwing up your g/cyl on the histograms.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    THANK YOU! Cfg changed, will do some logging today!

J

Tuner in Training
    Well, after 2 hours of logging I now have cells that are off in the positive plane. Most of the cells are checking out, but now I am getting around +10 in cells 55MAP and up in the 1200RPM range and around 10+ in the 20MAP cells in the lower RPM range. I cannot tune these out, if I load them my VE table spikes and on the next log they are back with the +10 average. Overall the car runs OK, it is not as responsive as it was but I am still working on it. Attached is a short run from this morning to show the cells that are acting up. Thanks in advance for anything I may have overlooked!

J

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Increase the offset value at the 70 & 75 Kpa range or increase the minimum pulsewidth a tad. I think it is most likely the offset value.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks again EC, just got back from vaca will try and load this in the next couple of days.

J

Tuner in Training
    What % increase would you recommend for a starting point?

20%. If it's too much, you'll know right away.

Tuner in Training
    EC, is rich decel something I will have to live with? I did as you suggested and almost all the cells are checking out perfectly, but the decel cells (15-30 KPA) keep coming up rich. Thanks for all your help!

Tuner in Training
    Well after hours and hours this weekend I got it to where it seems pretty close. I ended up shortening my min PW, and doing some scaling to the offsets. Will someone just (PLEASE) look at this log and tell me if LTFT or STFT will make up for the 2-4% error in the VE. This log is full CL and DFCO etc. This is my first log since turning on trims. Don't like to half ass, just have so many hours invested and this looks GREAT compared to the logs I have had previous.
    THANKS,
    J

Tuner in Training
    ....and the log