Thread: OLMAF w/ CL enable table stock???

Tuner

OLMAF w/ CL enable table stock???

What would this do? This is a 99 os.

I had my VE and MAF tables pretty much dialed in, and had enabled LTFT's and set the CL enable table back to stock, but was having problems with my LC1 simulating B1S1 NB. This is my DD, I noticed the NB going crazy one morning before work a couple weeks ago, was in a hurry, disabled LTFT's but forgot to set the CL enable table back to 284 across the board. Car ran fine for a couple of weeks, about 800 miles worth.

Yesterday morning was going to work, drove a couple blocks, stopped to get a cup of coffee, came back out and started off, it felt like it was hittin on about 4 cyl's. When I got home I plugged the scanner in, (I'm hoping it's a clogged fuel filter at this point) and started logging, once it warmed up it went lean as hell, check fuel psi, it's good at 60psi. Started looking at the log and noticed fuel trims are all over the place and I still have the NB's firing... WTF? Went to VCM controls, hit fuel trim reset and the car started idling good again, AFR came back down to normal. Stayed for a couple of seconds and climed right back up to 21AFR. ???? Got to lookin around, found the CL enable table wasn't set to 284, fixed that, wrote calibration and was fine, drove 500 miles last night.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? With STFT and LTFT disabled, if it goes into closed loop because the enable table is at stock values, what drives the fuel trims - I'm guessing this is what was happening. Why did it run fine for a couple of weeks?

Thanks,
    Brandon

Don't hold me to this, but I think that if the closed loop enable vs. ECT table is set to stock, then your STFT are going to be correcting. However, I know there is a setting that allows you to disable the STFT, but I don't think it's actually in affect if the closed loop enable vs. ECT is still set to stock.

However, if you had fuel trims in place and didn't clear them when you put the car into the mode you described above, they will still correct. However, I have no good answer for why you were able to drive around with it running ok for so long.

Tuner
    Thanks for the response.

Yeah, it's weird, I'm just interested in how it all works together.

Sitting in the garage idling like crap, when you commanded fuel trim reset, it would smooth out, the wb would come back in at around 14.7, and it would last for about a minute and start climbing again (lean). Pretty wild. I'd literally done NOTHING except drive the car since the last cal write a couple of weeks ago, it's almost like something just started working or not working out of the blue.