Thread: No IAT sensor in a OLSD tune

No IAT sensor in a OLSD tune

How would this effecft the tune. I was doing a little olsd tunning today and forgot to hook the iat sensor up before I got started. After I retuned load the tune and test drove it ( car running really nice), I realized that I left the iat unplugged. Only thing is now after I hook the iat back up it causes the car to go way lean.
    Car runs good without it, let me know if this is somthing I can get around without or do I need it.
    SRT 10 without any mods. But still hella fun too drive.
    93 fox coupe with a 427 in the works.

Senior Tuner
    what does IAT show when it's disconnected? i've seen it show -40C in such situations normally.

What up Marcin,
    I didnt log it in the scanner, so It show nothing as far as that. On the other hand it is not throwing any codes

any more nput?

Senior Tuner
    in SD temp gets calculated as a composite of IAT, ECT, and bunch of other tables mostly referencing airflow. so if one of these is constantly set to -40C you're gonna have some seriously unreal airmass, and consequently fueling. you can 'tune' for it of of course, but that's gonna yield some warped values. i would highly not recommend it.

Thanks, this is what I got from frost off of ls1tech , just for info purposes.

Frost:
    "It *should* cause variation in AFR that widens with temperature variation from the point of the original tune. For some reasons that are too long to type, it possibly may be minimal, as the bias table is flawed heavily fromt he factory and very difficult to work out. You will not be able to switch closed loop operation back on to get your gas mileage back without it. It will stay in OL. In hot days, it is needed to pull alil timing to help keep the knock away. All of this is speculative, I have never tried to tune a car like this before. It may "feel" like it runs fine and consistent. It's uncharted water for me. Best of luck."

nice read!
    Update on the car. Its still running good. Tempature has changed from 45degrees to about 85 today and the car is running pretty good, no noticable issues on the scanner or driving wise yet!

I will post some.
    Also, for some odd reason if I try to log Iat the car leans out almost instantly, but as soon as I cut off the scanner and take the IAT out of the log it acts if it was never there. very wierd!