Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning.... for e16a

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA
    I say dump all those cobalts and get a real car with an LS series engine.

But, I'm just razzing you all, after all, I know several cobalt owners with this issue.
    just another reason i'm glad i ditched my ion and got the aura
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ
    [Next] intake res delete, Tint, Eibachs

The Procharged Ion - SMP Stage 2 QC
    20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyHHR
    Us four bangers are like that flat-chested girl we all knew...

Not big enough to get any attention or love!!
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive been dieing to build a 2.2.... this is whats holding me up, i just hope it come out b4 i lose interest

Quote Originally Posted by BennyHHR
    Us four bangers are like that flat-chested girl we all knew...

Not big enough to get any attention or love!!
    To be honest it's more like that red headed step child (along with a couple of other engines of that era). Why GM used so many very different PCM's for very similar engines i have no idea. I figure there must have been seperate development teams around the Saturn product and that was not integrated for a number of years.

We support 7 of the 9 (yes that's right 9) - 4 cyl PCM's we know of. VCM Suite supports 35 different PCM/ECM/TCM's right now so from a development perspective 4 cyl hasn't been some trivial thing we just did in our spare time, it is an important part of our product. We plan to support the E37 ECM and also we have not abandoned the E16, personally i think it will happen eventually.

now back on to the topic of flat chested girls...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sheek360

ive been dieing to build a 2.2.... this is whats holding me up, i just hope it come out b4 i lose interest
    Same, the reason why i went with a base model balt is so i could pay it off fast and be back to no bills (besides insurance) and be able to mod the hell out of it. Figures GM would switch between a bunch of different Pcms and screw us over.
    Last edited by Helltime; 02-25-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Re-harness the car for the PCM you wanna use. a little schram auto shoppin'.

Tuner

sheek just hook up w/ clearimageauto & their outsourcer over on the shortbus. everything i'm reading says they've got it working on the e16. though we know how reliable information over there really is.

i figured 'bout the time i got rid of the procharged ion somebody'd get off their ass and tune the e16. oh well.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift, Procharged, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq, NO TUNE

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bc3tech
    sheek just hook up w/ clearimageauto & their outsourcer over on the shortbus. everything i'm reading says they've got it working on the e16. though we know how reliable information over there really is.

i figured 'bout the time i got rid of the procharged ion somebody'd get off their ass and tune the e16. oh well.
    dunno man.... if there pimpin the same tuning and scanning features hp tuners got goin then maybe.... but i doubt it.

plus im almost fluent in hptuners, so id rather wait..... i just hope i dont get bored lol

Tuner
    dunno man.... if there pimpin the same tuning and scanning features hp tuners got goin then maybe.... but i doubt it.

plus im almost fluent in hptuners, so id rather wait..... i just hope i dont get bored lol
    ha they're def not. everything i'm reading says it's a canned tune. but it's something.
    The '07 Aura XR
    [In] XM ExpressEZ

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I don't believe clearimage is the one who cracked the pcm are they? I thought it was vince who's doing the work? And its only the 07+ with the E37 correct?
    no he does all year cobalts and last i heard he now does the g5's...im not sure if he is doing ion's...but i dont c why he wouldnt