Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is PE not kicking in when Im commanding a low afr & instead gives me 14.7:1?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Why is PE not kicking in when Im commanding a low afr & instead gives me 14.7:1?

On many trucks, especially, there is a time delay where the vehicle will not go into pe mode until this time period is up. This is GM's way of getting better gas mileage I suppose. In any case to bypass this you simply need 0 out ALL the delay triggers in most cases as they will override the time delay and simply use the TPS vs. rpm enable as your main trigger.

This rarely affects any cars at all.

BTW before anyone jumps in with a "why set them all to 0 when you only need to..." sometimes there is only 1 thing that needs to be set to 0(usually the RPM delay) however, I have seen instances where the enable tq also must be set to 0 so to make it less complicated for everyone its much simpler for most to set them all to 0 & forget it.

Of course tuning is as much about R&D on your own as it is listening to some guy on the internet so do your own testing & find out what works best for YOUR application.

Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-03-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Yeup, don't forget to put this in the FAQ!

BTW, can you ask Chris to add in the PE Delay (in seconds) scalar? DiabloSport has had it since 6 years ago. I know it's not absolutely needed, since one can 0 out the RPM scalar, but it would be at least nice to have it there.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Already made it a sticky in this section actually which is why I made this post, after 3 or 400 people ask the same question or have the same issue I make a sticky

Yes I have the PE delay in seconds in the main suggestions thread but as stated it gets overruled by 0ing out the other delays so generally isn't necessary, thats not to say it won't be added just not high on the priority list to be added to hundreds of LS1 calibrations.

-Bill

I know this is a very, very old thread but is this still valid for the 2010 trucks? More specifically, a 2010 Silverado 2500 4x4?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, that is why I added this sticky to the gen 4 pcm section a long time ago.

I'll be calling the eye doctor this afternoon, I don't know how I didn't see it there.

Tuner in Training
    i did somthing else
    1-pe enable tps to 10% at all taple hot and cold
    2- then eq ratio from 0rpm to 2400 =1 from 2800 to 7000 1.151

Last edited by viper2fast; 09-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.

That looks like a great way to run rich all the time over 2800 rpm.

Looks like to much IE and not enough HPT.

oh my 07 yukon i only have a hot tps area to tune, there is no cold tps. do i just adjusted the hot?
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjg454ss View Post
    oh my 07 yukon i only have a hot tps area to tune, there is no cold tps. do i just adjusted the hot?
    Your 07 Yukon is likely a gen 4 pcm, not gen 3 so is different in many ways hence the reason we created a gen 4 pcm section separate from gen 3's.

Tuner in Training
    Hi, I have a l98 gen 4 and am missing the cold table and hot enable temp in the tuner. Is that normal for this Os? Are they going to be added in future versions?
    Last edited by Jamz; 12-02-2012 at 07:54 PM.

It is normal, not sure on why they are not there though.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Where do I find these delay triggers? This has been a huge problem for me, can't believe I just found this thread :/

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by turboDave View Post
    Where do I find these delay triggers? This has been a huge problem for me, can't believe I just found this thread :/
    Take a look at the screenshot in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    On many trucks, especially, there is a time delay where the vehicle will not go into pe mode until this time period is up. This is GM's way of getting better gas mileage I suppose. In any case to bypass this you simply need 0 out ALL the delay triggers in most cases as they will override the time delay and simply use the TPS vs. rpm enable as your main trigger.

This rarely affects any cars at all.

BTW before anyone jumps in with a "why set them all to 0 when you only need to..." sometimes there is only 1 thing that needs to be set to 0(usually the RPM delay) however, I have seen instances where the enable tq also must be set to 0 so to make it less complicated for everyone its much simpler for most to set them all to 0 & forget it.

Of course tuning is as much about R&D on your own as it is listening to some guy on the internet so do your own testing & find out what works best for YOUR application.

Hey thanks for the info Bill! This is information we were looking for. Just to clarify, does the "PE Delay" field need to zeroed as well? Your screenshot shows you still have that field set to 5500RPM.

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't believe so, I think the other constants will do the trick.

Perfect, thank you

Advanced Tuner
    I can't see the picture anymore in first post.

Works for me...
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB