Thread: popping/backfiring issue??

popping/backfiring issue??

Went out tuning my buddies firehawk tonight and we ran into a popping/backfiring issue. Around 3k, 5k, and 6k it will pop and lose power for a split second. Im leaning towards a timing issue, but dont want to make any changes without consulting in here first. The knock sensors have been turned off since it is a solid roller cam. The specs are a 408, 265/270 duration, 110lsa. 12~13cr. I will attach both tunes and log files.
    The adjusted for backfire again was the tune on the car from the first log, and the again2 was the one on the car for the 11 16 2 log.

PLEASE HELP!!
    98 F150

Anyone have any ideas??
    98 F150

Look at your spark timing, the graph is dropping to 0 after 4500 rpm. Post a screen pic of your formula for the wideband.

Russ Kemp

Sorry,I can't find the formula. Where would it be? what graph are you talking about that is dropping to 0? Any clues why it is?
    98 F150

As you can see, your spark timing is dropping. The function string for your wideband is stored in your VCM Scanner .cfg file.
    Just open up the configure user defined parameters and post a screen pic of it.

Russ Kemp

Ok I'll have to do that when I get home. Any clue why the timing is going down to 0?
    98 F150

Also, why would his car throw the code for knock sensors if they have been turned off? He is getting the p0332 code. I believe you turned them off Russ.
    98 F150

You need to set the knock sensor codes to no error reported.

Russ Kemp

That I can do. Any clue about the timing falling to 0?
    98 F150