Thread: Base 96lb Low Impedence Injector Program??

Base 96lb Low Impedence Injector Program??

I have a customers TT car with a base tune in it that is running 96lb Delphi injectors and an Acceleronics low to hi impedence switch. It seems I can not get the injector flow low enough to lean the car out at idle. I ahve tried doing crazy number changes to the MAF, VE and IFR tables just to see what I get and the only time I can get an idle AF off the 10.0-1 area is by lowering the fuel pressure to 35psi. I seems like the injectors will not flow as little as needed.

I checked the repository be searching 96 injectors and could not find anything. Just looking for a little help. I am actually on the dyno now at 8PM and you could call if you want at 407-616-2518. Thanks

Mike Norris

Tuner in Training
    I don't know if it will work with this software, but I now of a guy with that injector type setup that was able to get it to idle leaner by putting negative numbers in the min injector pulse width table. Worth a shot.
    01 GMC ECSB 5.7 LS1 4X4
    Custom Kbracing96 Front Mount BW S480 Turbo
    12.2@110mph

The injector offset table will need some rework as well. Especially at the hi vacuum region. Check your IPW at idle as well. If it's over 1.5 you're going to over fuel it and the only way to get it down is with the Offset, Min IPW, Default IPW, and Short Pulse Adder. You may want to zero the Short pulse adder as a start. Those injectors are going to be a pain for you at low IPW as they may misfire or run erratically since they are at an extreme minimum at idle.

You might even need to run less idle timing and more idle speed to get them to work properly.
    Always Support Our Troops!