Thread: ECM failure

ECM failure

Anyone seen P0606?

this is on an E67 running on a 06 2.4l I4

car will start and rev...but sudden changes in TP will throw P0606 and set the reduced engine power light.

make /model/year .....required to help you !

Pontiac solstice 06

p0606: The ECM detects that the throttle actuator control (TAC) system has a process sequence error, clock error, and 2 motor processor errors, or ETC Internal Processor is not operating correctly. Each test runs in 12.5, 25, 50, 100 and 250 milliseconds. This DTC runs continuously.

i suggest to flash it again, after flashing turn off ignition switch and wait 10-15 sec then start your car. I hope this will solve your problem if not then we can go for furture trouble shooting.

Conditions for Running the DTC

P0606

The ignition switch is in Run or Crank.
    During test function after key off before the control module powers down.

I have reflashed....the code will go away....when i crank, everything is fine...sometimes i can rev the motor ok....sometimes it will stumble and then it will set reduced engine power light, then i get the p0606

I guessing hardware failure, since this is a new ecm to this car with an older (well proven) calibration

Advanced Tuner
    SI diagnostics say to check your powers and grounds for high resistance. If there ok, them replace the module. You said the ECM was new to the vehicle, you may want to check the connectors to make sure they're seated correctly.

Tim
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

Potential Tuner
    Divingsolo, did you ever resolve this issue. I have a 07 Solstice with an aftermarket supercharger installed this weekend. getting p0606, but only seems to happen in when I get into the throttle heavy in 5th gear....

P0606 is hardware failure, i have come to find out it cannot be fixed...the ECM must be replaced. I've now seen several levels of this from intermitant "limp" modes with no decernable patternsall the way to no cranking problems.

wow.... why?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by divingsolo
    P0606 is hardware failure, i have come to find out it cannot be fixed...the ECM must be replaced. I've now seen several levels of this from intermitant "limp" modes with no decernable patternsall the way to no cranking problems.
    Thanks, appreciate the reply. They are working on getting me another ECM as that was their diagnosis as well. I was just poking around the internet to see what I could learn about this code and possibly confirm their diagnosis. I would hate to get a replacement and find I still have an issue .

Potential Tuner
    Replaced the ECM. Problem resolved. First forced induction car I've owned. Pretty cool