Thread: Knock Report.. Any ideas?

Knock Report.. Any ideas?

Alright I dialed in my VE table for the most part pretty well and changed PE mode a little bit but nothing that should cause the knock that i am having. It happens when Torque converter is locked and MAP pressure goes up.

Here is my scan. Ive tried dialing back the area where the knock is happening but no luck so far..

thanks guys!

Oh and I havent really driven it to get the LTFTS set in right but during cruise they are near 0 so thats good.
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets

I am not a professional tuner. That being said I would tune your maf, reduce your timing by two degrees in the affected area(compare to similar files in the repository, yours is up to 4 degrees higher), and maybe enable PE a little sooner. Then re-log and see what you got. Goodluck!!!

Alrighty... I need to clean up some stuff in OLSD mode first before I can tune the MAF sensor I guess... Because you cant really tune the MAF sensor in Closed loop correct? Because of PE mode and DFCO and all that other mumbo jumbo..
    99' Trans Am LS1. A4 Kevlar, Aluminum driveshaft /loop , Yank 3200, 3.23s, OBX headers, SLP loudmouth 1, Custom Intake, B&M supercooler, LS6 intake, PP/TB, LM1
    99' Honda Superhawk VTR-1000F- Cams, Exhaust, Ign. Advance, K&N, Jets

maf is tuned open loop but I am pretty sure you still have to filter out PE from the afr error histogram.....