Thread: tuning genI motor

tuning genI motor

for anyone that doesn't know what my setup is for the dune buggy, it's a genI sbc with stock large valve body heads and a good size cam (234/234 .5xx/.5xx). brand new rebuild with a 9.0'ish CR.
    anyways, i've been fabricating a custom EFI ls-based system for it and i've come to the point now where I really need some help. I have no idea what kind of tune file I should start off with? maybe a 6.0 since it has a little more fueling? everything will function just like a ls1, except the motor at heart is the sbc350. I have all sensors and I do have a wideband and will upgrade to the pro interface before I start tuning (so I can log wb easily).
    the firing order issue was sorted out by just editing it within hptuners, so no worries there. also, we've engineered a way to fit the reluctor ring and cam ring on the motor and have the sensors work properly
    the pcm is a 2000 truck pcm and same for the harness. dunno what OS is on it right now. any help/suggestions would be great.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

I have a hpt file from a 2002 GMC Savana 5.7 (R) that might be of interest. Let me know, as I'm at
    work right now.

Russ Kemp

that sounds awesome. thanks russ
    you always save my ass somehow lol

jake
    '20 AT4

Here you go, these vans use the Vortec 5.7 engine. You might want to use a pcm from the full size van as it is fully supported by Hp Tuners.

Russ Kemp

I already have a pcm/harness from a 2000 truck. pretty popular pcm so I'm gonna stick with that. I wonder if I could flash this file on that pcm? i'll check it out. thanks russ,

jake
    '20 AT4

os is different. I'll try it anyways. if not. I'll just copy over some fueling tables, that'll do.

jake
    '20 AT4