Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magnuson supercharger + smoothboost with factory E92 as PWM boost controller

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by will_974 View Post
    What year/model/os are you running?
    Maybe certian vehicles came with some of the behind the scene parameters already populated.

Also, can you confirm/Experiment that the P012B error is enabled in the DTC list?
    Without that error specifically enabled, the weird dips in Supercharger Inlet Vaccum dont appear.
    All you should need to do is start and idle the vehicle for the error condition to run
    2016 Suburban
    OS 12672612

P012B, P0101 and P1101 are all enabled to set on 2nd error. None are triggering.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    2016 Suburban
    OS 12672612

P012B, P0101 and P1101 are all enabled to set on 2nd error. None are triggering.
    This confirms that these parameters are indeed different across different variants of Gen V vehicles
    Were your SCIAP linear and offset also set from the factory?
    If i recall correctly, I read your thread and everything worked well for the swap in your case.
    If you dont mind, can you PM me your (preferably stock )Tune file. I promise you I am not a professional tuner, I am only going to use it to see what the deltas are in the Binary, And if i can determine what the source is doing between the two OS's

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Sounds like your pressure sensors may not be configured properly though... Sensor measurement isn't considered trustworthy until it passes necessary diagnostics, P012B in your case. And based on your description, it sounds like you don't have a baro sensor installed...so I'm curious what the baro variable is doing. A data log would tell a lot.
    The barometer variable in the logger is reading from the MAP inside the MAF sensor.
    I confirmed this at one point by breaking out the map from the MAF and wiring it to a standalone sensor.
    What would you like to see in a data log? I am happy to provide

Advanced Tuner
    The barometer variable in the logger is reading from the MAP inside the MAF sensor.
    I confirmed this at one point by breaking out the map from the MAF and wiring it to a standalone sensor.
    What would you like to see in a data log? I am happy to provide
    Just how baro, SCIAP, MAP and the throttle are behaving during various drive conditions would tell a lot.

I dont believe there is an issue with the barometer. It stays at 99-100kpa throughout the entire log.
    There are no engine codes disabled, and no engine codes present.
    Is there a way to tell from the logs if a sensor is 'untrusted'?
    I will gather up some logs that show this, but have not had any cycles through the holidays

With the fix to P012B working, The car does not go into a MAF failed state. However, The car will no longer open the boost solenoid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by will_974; 02-03-2023 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Removing invalid information

Update Here,

There is a lot of behind the scenes things that work together to keep the MAF out of a failed state.
    I fought this piece for a long time and i think i have finally worked out the kinks.

The code I posted earlier with the screenshot is irrelevant and not used under boosted conditions.

However what is used is all the different DTC enables and checks.
    These I have worked tirelessly trying to isolate down to exactly which switches to throw.
    If anyone wants to go down this path, I can help. However I am still very much working out the details.
    currently I have it working about 90% of the time. the other 10% it decides not to allow boost to build.

On a different note, and hijacking my own thread.
    I successfully upgraded my Instrument cluster to have the ZL1 Blower Boost gauge.
    The gauge works flawlessly, and the Instrument panel is very happy with the ZL1 update in the SS

I posted some details here: Link

20231212_155331.jpg

I wonder how much of this would apply to turbochargers in a truck with an E92. I would love to have boost control from the ecm.

Advanced Tuner
    Update Here,

There is a lot of behind the scenes things that work together to keep the MAF out of a failed state.
    I fought this piece for a long time and i think i have finally worked out the kinks.

The code I posted earlier with the screenshot is irrelevant and not used under boosted conditions.

However what is used is all the different DTC enables and checks.
    These I have worked tirelessly trying to isolate down to exactly which switches to throw.
    If anyone wants to go down this path, I can help. However I am still very much working out the details.
    currently I have it working about 90% of the time. the other 10% it decides not to allow boost to build.

On a different note, and hijacking my own thread.
    I successfully upgraded my Instrument cluster to have the ZL1 Blower Boost gauge.
    The gauge works flawlessly, and the Instrument panel is very happy with the ZL1 update in the SS

I posted some details here: Link

20231212_155331.jpg
    Sir...you are my hero lol. I was just wondering about that myself. I was told a complete ZL1 OS swap would be necessary to enable that gauge. I'll send you an email.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Potential Tuner
    Hello guys, is it possible to use the regular sensor for IAT2 and not use the LT4 map?, also what pins does it go to in the ecu?.

yes,
    Follow the pinout instructions in the first post of this thread