Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking for a LT4 log with SCIAP Vacuum and Pressure in the channel list.

Tuning Addict
    As long as you have User Defined Parameters Will will make the "base" tables for you. If you want different axis in them such as the lt4's vs a trucks then you need to specify that up front as you won't be able to change the axis after the fact. Will will also set the maximum settings to adjust the tables too. You will then edit the tables using the xdf file Will sends you. If Will edited the tables - went ahead and put lt4 tables in for example (I recommend this) then all you have to do is open an older file you have with the xdf file to see what was in it previously.

I did not know there was a second iat2 switch input, so you found something else there.

Since you're working on a car the rate table isn't 100% necessary, but it is nice to have it as it is different even between the cars vs the lt4's. I'll attach some pics at the base of this illustrating how to adjust them. Still have to do a lot of screen shots for the big write up... Will also has a pretty involved day job on top of all of this now. Another reason I'm not jumping to post everything

Main tables you need - sciap offset and linear / manifold volume if your OS doesn't have it / throttle rate / pedal progression / sciap factor / supercharger equipped you should have / the iat2 you found?

Other tables you might want to get - accel based limiters - there's two of these / tcs settings (these were thanks to Verlon)

After all of this you'll need the sciap wired in like a lt4's and the lt4 map wired in like a lt4's since you have a car you can take the temperature input straight to the ecm - you can verify with Will as I know Will has done this. You should go to using the iat2 for your timing changes (maybe this is where that second switch comes into play now that I'm thinking about - haven't fully confirmed the timing controller part) and basically have a mostly factory lt4 controller after all of this.

Edit - Will already responded Also looks like Will has already messed with that switch some.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GHuggins; 08-28-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    you guys are the best, really though. I'm in the process of doing this to my car as soon as I can work on it instead of customer cars lol. Will hooked me up, I'm excited to try it out. I'll update as I do it.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Tuning Addict
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    FYI,

I contacted support about tables 4013 and 4014. They just added them to the latest Beta download.

Tuning Addict
    I'll just give a forewarning to anyone messing with the tables I posted, they can cause one to run away, so don't increase idle areas Lots of secrets in those tables to fix lots of problems. The progression table has been known by hpt for awhile. Just don't think anyone knew how to adjust it.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    They only added the SCIAP linear and offset. Would be sweet if they did the other two. I will still need to get ahold of Will for those.

Tuning Addict
    They'll add the pedal progression since they already have that in some of the cals, but it's highly unlikely that they would add the throttle area/rate table. I'm honestly surprised the progression table is in some. Probably too many risk for them to add those, but they make a night and day difference when tuned right

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

SCIAP wired in

First off want to Thank Ghuggins for the writeup he did on installing the SCIAP sensor to a L83 truck, also to Alvin that makes a great harness for the SCIAP. This was my first time ever re-pining a vehicle. The install went smoothly and didn't have any check engine lights on once I started the truck or after a test drive. My throttle is much more linear, and I feel it can be made better with some DD work. The log shows a spike or 2 on ever increasing throttle, but much better than before. The blade actually is behind the pedal now, but that's due to DD being decreased in the middle range to control the spikes before the SCIAP install. I may end up getting the background tables suggested to make it 100% dialed in but I'm thrilled as how good it feels now.

I would attach the log file but apparently, it's too large. Under boost the readings were....
    Barometric pressure 104 kpa
    Supercharger Inlet pressure 97 kpa
    Absolute manifold pressure 142 kpa

I assume from this, it's working as it should, when not in boost it reads the same as Manifold.

Thanks again to everyone on here sharing info so Hobby Tuners like myself can make their own vehicles run great.