Thread: I test the MAF and got the numbers that don't make sense

I test the MAF and got the numbers that don't make sense

On my 2014 GT500 I tested the MAF sensor and the scanner says it should be between .7 and 1.0V at idle. It was was bouncing from .4 to above 4.5V. I have change it would a couple months ago. Any thoughts as what would cause this. I have a 124MM JLT cold air on it and had the stock sensor on it and replaced it with an after market stock one.

Thanks

Marty

I just a brand new one in and I am still getting the results on the test. Do I need a performance style MAF sensor and not a stock one with the JLT and if I have a bunch of other mods.

Tuner in Training Pappacosworth's Avatar
    Are you sure that you have correct maf, Ford started using frequency based maf about that time.
    Ford Mustang Cobra -94. Focus ST 2013

Coretuning/Moates/HPTuners/Quantum

That is a good question. When I went to the parts store and told them what I had that is the one they told me is for the car. That is also what the scanner said when it decoded my VIN. But that is a good question. I guess I am not sure how I would know. Do you know of a way to check and find out?

Advanced Tuner
    Log maf period/time

I was doing some more research and it look like they went to frequency in 2010+. I am logging MAF lb/min. Do you know how I would be able to test to see if it is ok. Like with the scanner the V should be in the .7 to 1.0 at idle. It looks like it is running about 4.86 when I first started it and then after a few minutes of idling it had dropped to 2.82. When I was revving it some it was anywhere from 1.92 to 5.86.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Log maf period/time
    Forget about volts

ok. I was just asking that question. Those numbers that I gave where not in Volts. That was the number in lb/min. So this " It looks like it is running about 4.86 when I first started it and then after a few minutes of idling it had dropped to 2.82. When I was revving it some it was anywhere from 1.92 to 5.86. " Or is there another option you were talking about. In the log when I go to the MAP for the chart is is giving amount per time (lb/min, g/s, etc.) Sorry if I was not understanding. I think I figured out what you are meaning. Here is a snipit of the log I setup. Is this what you are talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mlecy; 09-12-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    This

ok. This is what I have. I added those. I have info from them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    You only need the 2 that I highlighted

ok. I have a log with that data. Is there a range or what should I be looking for when looking at those two PID/channels?