Thread: How do I desensitize knock sensors

Tuner in Training

How do I desensitize knock sensors

There are no options within the Knock Sensors tab in HP-Tubers when connected to my vehicle.. 2005 A4 C6.. I was able to change the attack/decay rates but that's about it.. I'm getting some knock at low RPMs that doesn't increase nor decrease with changes to the spark tables..

Perhaps its burst knock/False knock. Changing the spark tables should do it for you if its legitimate detonation.

To desensitize, I believe Russ K on here said halve the attack rate, and double the decay(i have to stop and think which one you halve and which you double all the time lol) But it is important to know whether you're experiencing false knock or real knock, and not just using the desensitization method to cover it up...which does not solve anything, just helps.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    FWIW 2.1.16 will have about 17 different knock sensor tables/parameters for you to mess with...so just hang out for a few days & you'll have some goodies to toy with

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    FWIW 2.1.16 will have about 17 different knock sensor tables/parameters for you to mess with...so just hang out for a few days & you'll have some goodies to toy with

Holy crap! This is wonderful news! Im gonna have that rediculous smile on all day like Bob on the Enzyte commercials. Who knows, i might even have that same 'generous swelling of pride'

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4dx266
    Holy crap! This is wonderful news! Im gonna have that rediculous smile on all day like Bob on the Enzyte commercials. Who knows, i might even have that same 'generous swelling of pride'
    I love Bob! He is the man! Envy of the neighborhood.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post a file & i'll look

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667

Sounds great..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by my_bd
    one of my sample tunes is attached in this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9696
    the 04 Ions use a different pcm than E38/E40/E67 pcm's found in LS2/LS7 powered cars/trucks...they are gonna work on adding more stuff for the next & upcoming versions, but werent able to add anything specifically for that pcm this version.