Thread: 2003 Tahoe 4.8 transmission 4l60 rebuild questions.

2003 Tahoe 4.8 transmission 4l60 rebuild questions.

My 4l60 went out and am rebuilding it using upgraded parts and will be installing a transgo hd2 kit. Wondering if I will need to tune the Transmission for this kit. Anybody ever install one of these?

It shouldn't require a tune for the rebuild kit.

But you can alter the settings to make it do what you want though, within reason.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Follow Transgo's instructions to a "T". They give you the right stuff from the get go. No tune required. Personally I would add the Sonnax HD 2-3 shift valve modification. I have installed a couple hundred of these over the years...

Finished the build and have been running it for a few days now. Shifts great but sometimes shifts feel soft at part throttle. Not sure about line pressure. I have been data logging a bit but not sure what pids to log. So far so good no codes. Can anyone check my log and see if trans is good? the line pressure pid doesnt work. also feels kinda slow when taking off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I made dashboard for transmission. It's some of the things in the Transmission data of my scanner. I have not built any graph's yet, I may not need to. I finally got BlueCat to load and open, I just haven't had time to look at it.
    The normal engine data plus
    Load %
    shift speeds
    TcC speed
    TPS %
    EPC duty cycle
    Output speed
    and some other's
    In the Transmission world rule #1 when stuff doesn't work right is to check line pressure. Harbor Freight has a gauge set for around $40
    Last edited by Tranzman; 10-09-2022 at 09:36 PM.
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Finished the build and have been running it for a few days now. Shifts great but sometimes shifts feel soft at part throttle. Not sure about line pressure. I have been data logging a bit but not sure what pids to log. So far so good no codes. Can anyone check my log and see if trans is good? the line pressure pid doesnt work. also feels kinda slow when taking off.
    I looked at the log, there isn't enough transmission channels/pids to look at any transmission data.
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014